This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanVXR
    I quite like it too except I just don't like the backend! I've seen quite a few of the other models on the road and they look alright but still don't like the backend!
    I agree with that mate, I keep thinking the spoiler has slid down the rear window, it's way out of place. Rear doesn't look as bad as the ST's though :wink:

VXR anyday

Comment

I think in the latest Evo magazine there's a group test between the R26, the new Civic Type R and the Astra VXR. Should be an interesting read.

Comment

I like it, in fact I think its the only hot hatch that even comes close to the VXR in the looks department. My mate has just bought a type "S" version very nice the interior is mad lights everywhere.

Comment

I really like it, and im def considering buying on in a year or so.

Comment

I hate the new type R, the designers took it to far, looks like something from space.

I do love the 03+ type R, like this one for sale on ebay, that was featured in max power.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-Ty...QQcmdZViewItem

Gorgous in my opinion.

But i do like the VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
              I think in the latest Evo magazine there's a group test between the R26, the new Civic Type R and the Astra VXR. Should be an interesting read.
              Ye i bought it the other day, the golf gti is also in the group test. They said for day to day driving then the golf would win but if it was a raw hot hatch your looking for, then they said to go for the megan, god what an ugly looking car!! It beat the vxr in the 0-60 test as well, which i was surprised at!! Fighting between 3rd place was the ST and VXR , Type R was last. Not to keen on the Type R dash layout, looks like a kiddies fighter plane

Comment

hi
                hubby has a 54 plate type R
                imo its not the car i had heard all the raving about...yes its goes well so does the fuel!!
                handles ok but feels edgey..not compossed like my sport hatch
                suspension is hard and bouncey....feels like it will spin out of control at any minute doesn,t give you any confidence to chuck into a corner like i will in the astra
                astra feels strong an bold and will keep you safe
                civic is hooligan good if you want that feeling...
                mpg on the civic is beyond...low 20mpg and it dont matter if you drive like a putty cat or a hooligan...poor mpg for only a 197bhp car
                at least the astra will give you better mpg and a more comfortable drive.
                the civic to me is a car i love to hate
                fine if you wanna have a bit of fun
                but no fun if you wanna pop to the shop in!
                call hubby,s civic "tazmania devil"
                as its such an effort to drive...astra just get in and drive wanna go and have fun just do it and with no fuss
                civic takes that long to wind up my astra 1.9cdti is long gone
                then when the civic winds up only lasts milli seconds before you need to change gear again!
                tbh i would be very happy to go on the drag strip with my 1.9cdti astra sport hatch against hubbys civic type R. and know i wont get my **** kicked plus it wouldnt have cost me half a tank of fuel trying lol

Comment

I have just got back from Chiswick Honda, they had a Type R GT delivered yesterday.

IMO its amazing. Looks fantastic. The inside is awesome!

Have booked a test drive for tomorrow, so will let you all know what i think when i actually get it on the road. I never thought there would be a car that turned my head as much as my wicked VXR...

Comment

Like the older one better than the new one.

That one from Max Power shows how easy it it to ruin a nice looking car, looks like it crashed through Halfrauds window

Comment

ask corsasilver, he got smoked by one on the way to splashdown

Comment

Its actually growing on me know, give it a few months and everything else will start looking a bit outdated.
                        I think the magazine times should also be taken with a pinch of salt. From some of the debates on here i think we all know its not correct taking two different sets of figures from different situations and times and making direct comparisons.

Comment

top gear mag compared like for like on lap times (Stig driving) with the astra coming out in front

Comment

I haven't been on the forum for a while and saw this post.

I took one out for a test drive and was so dissapointed.

With it being a non turbo acceleration feels laggy and second gear take you to around 50-55 (as opposed to just over 60 in my vxr.

it also feels a little wobbly when cornering.

it does have a flashy dash which is quite easy to get used to but being 6'3" the top of the steering wheel obstructed 1/2 my view of the dash (and i had adjusted it so it was at its highest).

I say stick to the VXR its an all over better car and experience.

Comment

I was up at Honda in Aberdeen looking at a couple with a mate. They had a stunning one in Bronze, looks black unless the sun hits it then it sparkles bronze, stunning colour imo ... Anyhow the photo`s don`t do them justice, they are gorgeous cars in the flesh, though I wasn`t keen on the silver doorhandles . The mesh grille over the standard models is what makes them stand out and they had one with the optional 19`s , it set the car off, though made the brakes look a little small I thought . When we got to talking figures it was apparent Honda are pulling your chain though, the foglights are an optional extra !!!

Having owned an Astra VXR in the past, if I had a choice now I would go for the Civic, purely for a change, I would say there isn`t anything between them for my taste ...

Comment

Have u seen the asse though its pig ugly. I am 6 foot 2inch and struggled to see the dash with the wheel as high as possible and i struggled to fit my roberto carlos like thighs under the wheel as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X