This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please?

Been thinking about the things i want to get done to my VXR. Originally i wanted to go for the following:

TMS Stage 3
    AP Racing 4 Pots
    Silicone Hoses
    Chrome Strut Brace
    888 Rear Anti Roll Bar
    Tints

But been thinking - My car is my everyday drive, i have to use it to get to and from work, and going out etc. Plus iv got other commitments like a Holiday later on in the year which i will need money for, and my front tyres have taken a bit of a battering, so few months time they will need replacing, as i dont like them to get too low, and 6 months time i will have to Re - Tax it - So i have to take all these factors into account.

Yes - I love speed, and i want it fast! But i dont want to be poor just so i can have a fast VXR, so heres my plan, As i already have the full Milltek, Stage 3 would cost me around £1650 which would go on my credit card, so heres the plan........

To go for Stage 2 instead, and then Buy the AP 4 Pots - ill be fitting them myself so therefore i could do 2 mods for more or less the price i would pay just for Stage 3.

PEOPLE WITH STAGE 2 - What sort of figures did you get, and is it a Big / Noticeable difference from standard? - Being a lover of speed, will i be happy with it?

Id appreciate your input Guys(Y)
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Hi mate,

I've had Stage 2 for around 9 months now.. ... also upgraded at TMS back in October when I had it serviced. There was a noticable difference in the pull on both occasions. I think it was 276 or 278 last time. I posted the charts somewhere!

Like you, I've had to put other priorities before Stage 3 (wife's new SRiT ) and as Robbie has said on the other site... Stage 3 and AP's is expensive business for another 7 or 8% hike in power? At the end of the day, whilst I still love my car to death, you do quickly get use to the power and pull and are always hankering for more.

I think your plan makes sense if that helps

Good luck

Col

Comment

Daz,

The other thing to bear in mind is that come summer a lot of fast cars 'now' may not be quite so impressive in the higher ambient temperatures without the much better cooling the TMS stage 3 offers
      Also I find the other benefit of a TMS stage 3 is actually less about top end power and more about much more torque, especially low down
      That's not helping though is it... :?
      sigpic

Comment

LOL, Thanks for the Input Mark, i must say tho, i think my mind is more or less made up, i just wanted to have everyones opinion - see Stage 3 isnt out of the question, i could always upgrade in the future - and then of course id already have the brake upgrade!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
          Daz,

The other thing to bear in mind is that come summer a lot of fast cars 'now' may not be quite so impressive in the higher ambient temperatures without the much better cooling the TMS stage 3 offers
          Also I find the other benefit of a TMS stage 3 is actually less about top end power and more about much more torque, especially low down
          so whats wrong with the courts cooler then ????????
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Nothing Dude, its just TMS is closer for me to go :wink:

How much out of curiosity was the intercooler on its own from Courtney dude?

And how much did Stage 3 set you back?
            sigpic

Comment

without the much better cooling the TMS stage 3 offers ?
              Requote - without the much better cooling of an upgraded intercooler
              Would be better

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Daz, buying the vxr in the first place has screwed me financially, and I want more power now :?

Stage 3 is way out of the question for me, but stage 2 I think I'm gonna go for

Bit worried about this summer driving issue, have only owned mine during the winter... Is there that much difference in summer heat?

Comment

Daz,

Hi do you have specific test or technical information about why the Courts cooler or any other cooler wont work in the summer? I'm sure all tuners have tested for the higher temps?!?!?!? :?

Comment

WoW this is weird, someone with the same problem as myself.

I'm now at the stage where I'm sick of thinking about what I can do to this car. I'm annoying myself. Plus the girlfriend is feeling neglected, I seem to spend more time on the car than her and that’s not right. I’m sure you can all appreciate how females are.

This is how I look at things.
                    Mine cost me 15K. Upgrades would cost me say, 3k, that’s 18 grand in reality. Now if you asked me if I was going to spend 18K on the vxr at the beginning I would say NO.

Seriously think to yourself, how many good burns have you had with other cars cos I really haven’t had many. I either kick their *** or they kick mine (I’m stage 1 btw). Nothing in-between. I'd say, in my area, I’d beat %70 of the cars I'd come across. We would beat any car in the same league as us. That’s good enough for me. If I, right now got a stage 3 I'd love it for 1 month, get used to it, want more power and be paying the credit card of for years to come. It’s a novelty that will run out. If I had plenty off money then no dought I’d go for it but it would be a credit card job and I know in 2 months I'd regret it.

Instead, I'm focusing on making it look good. Going to order a PC7424 and polish it all up to show room new. Cost Couple of hundred quid and makes you realise why you spent 15k

Plus its winter, there’s never anything to do so spending money on the cars seems a great thing to do. Wait till the summer, "hey daz, fancy going on a small summer holiday somewhere nice" "sorry mate no can do, spent it all on the car" I want to enjoy the summer and have money to do stuff.

Everyone will differ with different finances but you seem to be in the same boat as me...........that’s my opinion.

I know, Wors can I pop up to yours, swap cars for a month and get it out my system.
                    There both black so you wont really notice much. Drive without sport and you’ll be fine
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                      I'm now at the stage where I'm sick of thinking about what I can do to this car. I'm annoying myself. Plus the girlfriend is feeling neglected, I seem to spend more time on the car than her and that’s not right. I’m sure you can all appreciate how females are.
                      Ummm... can I edit that only 95% of females feel neglected.... think my husband feels neglected with me and the car and on here!!!

Comment

Dazza nate, i think you will be well happy with the stage 2, IC stage 3 upgrade you can save up for another time but the stage 2 map is a major improvement over standard, i was seeing about 279/280 but remember its not about the peak figures, the stage 2 holds the torque very well across the rev range and has a very nice power delivery in the lower 2 gears, you will be impressed.

Comment

i went out some time ago in a CS2 VXR and i did not feel as if it was much quicker than mine.

On the way to silverstone last year i had a play with the same car.

From 40 in 4th we were side by side and booted it. i had the slight edge.

Sport on.
                          From 40 in 4th we were side by side and booted it. With in 2 seconds the other car had a half car lead on my {his door was in line with the end of the bonnet} now thats how much quicker a CS2 is over std. thats mine @ 255 and his @ 285.

I have posted on another post of a simular content i said there i would make it stop before i would make it go.

Stage 2 is ok for the std brakes but any thing more and the AP's are needed.

Comment

Hi daz i have stage 3 and stage 2 you can keep as blackvxr says its the low down power the boost the car is awsome and i went from stage 2.
                            when the hot summer get hear and all the s2 cars loose power the cooler will come in to it own.

as for the brakes yes i want aps will be gettin them in summer, was worried to start with did have fade couple times, but all is fine now as i have put my EBC red stuff pads back in with the courts brake coolers so 100 spent no more fade brakes now good, but will be gettin the aps when i have the cash this summer. hop this helps

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                              Dazza nate, i think you will be well happy with the stage 2, IC stage 3 upgrade you can save up for another time but the stage 2 map is a major improvement over standard, i was seeing about 279/280 but remember its not about the peak figures, the stage 2 holds the torque very well across the rev range and has a very nice power delivery in the lower 2 gears, you will be impressed.
                              Thanks Shane, this is what i was thinking, Stage 2 would give me more power and id have the AP's ready on the car for when i can afford to get the IC later on
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X