This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

Think my front tyres have come to the end of there life at only 10.000 miles can ppl tell me how long there tyres last and what make have gone for now and how much they paid for them? plus will the vxr drive better with new tyres on the front?

Thanks Ben

do a search on here mate lots of threads on this
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

look here

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sea...earchid=944752
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

I have Conti Sport Contact 3 tyres, about £170 a tyre (i managed to get them for less through a friend). Found them to be excellent tyres but not very long lasting.

Comment

Will the car be OK with different tyres on the front to the back

Comment

I would advise the same tyres all the way around. If you have different tread patterns it may affect the cars stability in verying weather conditions.

Comment

is that tyre tread gauge any good for checking tread, in the fuel cap holder or should i buy a digital one?

Comment

No need for either. Run you finger in the grooves of the tyre, very now and then you will feel a raised bump, this is an indicator as to when the tyres will need replacing.

When the bump in the grove is flush with the surface of the tyre you have approx 1.8 - 2mm of tread left on the tyre, the legal limit is 1.6mm.

If you do alot of driving in our rubbish weather i would suggest changing when the bump is flush with the surface of the tyre as more tread means better handling in the wet and prevents aqua-plaining.

Comment

Working...
                X