X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 3

Morning all,

Currently looking in going to a stage 3 from 2 and wondered who on here was running a stage 3 with standard brakes.

Am very intersted in going to stage 3 with Regal (my local boys), but am thinkig will it be ok with standard brakes??

ny opinion would be geat.

This has been discussed on the forum many times mate - I'd use the search button with "stage 3 brakes" and you'll find lots of opinions!
    sigpic

Comment

If you intend to do nothing than more than blasting up and down motorways and quick blasts during your normal commute than you should be fine, but i would at the least recommend uprated pads, braided hoses and a good dot5.1 brake fluid if you cant quiet stretch the wallet for anything else, that in in itself will give you more on a safety front should you ever need to use it......

Comment

uprated brake setup should be one of the first things you do if you drive the car hard
        yellow stuff pads will be a start but the next step is vectra VXR setup or 4 pots
        the truth is out there
        part GSI part VXR
        tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Im running stage 3 with standard breaks

Noooo problem what so ever...

Runs sweet and all is good
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

i was running my stage 3 on standard breaks for donkies. just put a new set of up rated pads on (yellow stuff). when i get back i'll be up rating the disc aswel.
            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

I want a set but the one I want is 1800 which is alot just for breaks so my standard ones are staying on for a while
              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

I'm getting a set of pagid pads, braided hoses and 5.1 fluid for the corsa before I fit an IC. I'm sure it would be fine running standard brakes, I guess its down to personal preference.

Comment

i ran stage 3 on standard brakes no problems day to day but would have cooked them on the ring
                  WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Im planing stage 3 in the next couple of months and have courtney discs and yellow stuff pads and they seem to stop me good enough at the moments so i am not going to rush to upgrade and further, braided hoses and som dot 5.1 as recommended above i think would be find for normal road use but not for track.

Comment

mines amazing on the road but I wouldnt take it on the track untill I get my uprated onees

Comment

Hi all and many thanks for all your help comments

so am I right in thinking I'll be ok, and really just look into upgrading to yellow pads and better discs??

All my driving is just to work and back and some short comuiting.....as do not do a lot of miles.

Wheres the best place to look for pads and upgarded discs??.....Courts?

Thanks boys and girls

Comment

Ebay 499 for pads and discs atm

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Cheers dtox and thanks for your help mate..

Comment

Working...
                              X