This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another AFL question - sorry :)

Trawled loads of threads but didnt find exact answers I wanted....

What exactly is the difference between AFL and normal lights? How can you tell the difference when you're inside the car?

When you're sat stationary in the car, if you turn the wheel, should the headlights move to to the side too? (I hope the answer to that is no because mine don't move at all)

The only thing I notice is when driving that signs at the side of the road light up in the distance from way back. This just makes me think that my lights are blinding the car in front!?!?
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Okay,

Standard headlights: The dipped deam is the large 'lense' on the outside of the light unit below the indicator. There are halogen bulbs and look like most other cars unless you get uprated bulbs

AFL: The main 'lense' is siutated close to the 'V' grill away from the indicator. The dipped beam lense looks like a 'fish eye' or ball. They shine a distinctive bright white. AFL stands for foward adaptive lighting meaning when you turn the steering whell the lights move in the same direction, also the faster you go they move up showing more of the road.

You may have standard with a HID (high intensity discarge) upgrade. Basically this is the same standard head unit with an upgraded buld and ballast given the apperance of AFL lights.

Comment

this is what the afl headlights look like, the normal head lights have a matt black finnish, the afl have gloss black as well as clear indicators
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

bet you cleaned that on purpose Rob lol

Comment

lol i love cleaning, think the people in my street think i am mad, they never do theres and i am always there doing mine, always been into it, think i might have cjd or what every its called lol well maybe not cjd
          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

OCD= Obssesive Compulsive Disorder....lol

and car looks great for it

Comment

cheers bud

Comment

The lights wont move while stationary...

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                  The lights wont move while stationary...
                  or the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                    or the wheels

lol

Comment

from the inside of an AFL car, you will have a blanking plate on the right of the dash where the manual beam adjustment knob would normally be as with AFL the beam level is auto adjusting. And no the lights do not move when the car is stationary, i think theres a minimum speed before they will activiate the adaptive bit while moving....

Comment

Like my mate PD said, AFL was a must. Look, I have some piccies here and they are a great portrayal.

(oops cant find anymore... trying)

Comment

TYTYTYTY
                          VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Working...
                          X