This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Advice and Upgrades

Got the VXR friday love it, but i find the stereo a bit pants compared to my old audis Bose system.

Not that i cant live with it, but i just wondered if you can or know anybody who does an upgrade on the units to make them sound good, IE maybe some advice on better replacement speakers ? or maybe some dashboard mod that lets you shove normal headunits in ? i just think it lacks a bit of Ommph, id like to stay away from subs n stuff really but are open to some cool same size replacement cones etc.

can ne1 point me in the right direction

thanks

I got Pioneer Avic X1

Its realllllllly good

I have 2 x 2000 watt 6x9s from theloudest.co.uk and they are louddd which is clean and 2 x 10" JBL which gives the bass

I need to update the door speakers but I dont understand the adapters and everything you need

I belive they need to be 16.5mm the fronts
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

The astra VXR stereo is a double din unit, this is ideally what you need to replace the standard with or there will be a big blank spot in the car. Do a search for double din stereos and you'll find many out there, most will be touch screen

The standard speakers and pretty good IMO so try adding a sub and amp, makes the world of difference trust me. In addition changing the standard rear speakers is a pig of a job as you have to take ALL the trim off to get to them.

Comment

There are single din fascias available for this....

Comment

yeah but dont look as good...........change the front speakers and run a sub from the standard head unit or buy a nice double din
          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

I know, just wouldnt look the same, having a blank space. Either standard or double din unit IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              The astra VXR stereo is a double din unit, this is ideally what you need to replace the standard with or there will be a big blank spot in the car. Do a search for double din stereos and you'll find many out there, most will be touch screen

The standard speakers and pretty good IMO so try adding a sub and amp, makes the world of difference trust me. In addition changing the standard rear speakers is a pig of a job as you have to take ALL the trim off to get to them.
              what set up do you have?

piccies?

Comment

upgrading the front speakers is must at minimum! But do the whole system and you wont regret it.

when my standard system was in place the noise was ok, but it always felt like it was missing something.

Now my sound system is in, its unreal. So much better and doesnt even compare to standard. One of the best mods ive made to the car so far, cant recommend upgrading the system enough
                Whats next?!?!?

Comment

So am i correct i buy a double din stereo, and i unplug standard 1 and plug new 1 in perfect fit ?

Comment

nope my kenwood was a pig to fit
                    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

i`m getting the alpine double din unit but it does require a wiring adapter, aerial adapter and fascia with cage.
                      just a little addition to match vxrcourt3 blue smd`s conversion

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                        i`m getting the alpine double din unit but it does require a wiring adapter, aerial adapter and fascia with cage.
                        just a little addition to match vxrcourt3 blue smd`s conversion
                        would that be a similar one to this Daz...??? lol
                        did you like the look of it in mine...??

sigpic
                        WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Now that looks nice!

Comment

You can get fascias to fit the new double din's. I've got a Kenwood DNX-5220 and I'm really happy with it.

Also can't recomend Hertz speakers enough. The HSK 163 kit would make a nice start.
                            I see dumb people.......
                            .....they're everywhere
                            .....they walk around like everyone else
                            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

I am thinking of upgrading to component front speakers and a compact sub/amp in spare wheel well.

Does anyone know what speaker adapters are needed and what size components will fit??
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X