This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHICH UPGRADE NEXT??

Just want some opinions on what you lot would do next, cause i know that i want to just get the stage 3, but i can't decide whether to get the brakes done or even the suspension done first.

your advice is appreciated, and this poll will determine what i do, cause i do value all of your advice and opinions on here
    £1600 BRAKE UPGRADE (AP 4 POTS)
    0%
    £1300 SUSPENSION UPGRADE (VARIANTE 3)
    0%
    £1200 STAGE 3 INTERCOOLER (LOWER MOUNTED)
    0%
    FANCY AIR FRESHNER!!
    0%

Nel

I would go for the brakes first then it will be ready for the Srage 3

I think its better to make it stop first then go second

Cause if it goes and cant stop your in the brown stuff. {mud}

Comment

me personally the stage 3 but thats only cos i did it that way the brakes are ok as they are, not saying that the ap's wont go a miss but mine stops ok and i will upgrade this year
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Brakes, just for your own safe sense of mind, plus they look great

Comment

correct me if im wrong but your brakes arnt related to your horse power. wether youve got 240 or 300 brake when you stamp on the brakes you are off the throttle anyway.

im presuming that the vxr brakes are designed to stop the car from the vehicles top speed. im aware that this will change when going upto stage 3 but its not often that your gonna be slamming the anchors on at 160mph.

if me and worsey where both travelling at 100 mph our brake performance would be exaclty the same and stop us exactly the same even though he has an extra 30 hp.

i would like other peoples opinions on this
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
            correct me if im wrong but your brakes arnt related to your horse power. wether youve got 240 or 300 brake when you stamp on the brakes you are off the throttle anyway.

im presuming that the VXR brakes are designed to stop the car from the vehicles top speed. im aware that this will change when going upto stage 3 but its not often that your gonna be slamming the anchors on at 160mph.

if me and worsey where both travelling at 100 mph our brake performance would be exaclty the same and stop us exactly the same even though he has an extra 30 hp.

i would like other peoples opinions on this
            hit the nail on the head m8 , couldnt have said it better myself :wink:

Comment

I think the ap's would give you quicker stopping ability!! for example, if you and me were travelling at 100mph and we was coming upto a bend, you would know when you need to start braking, but with the ap 4 pots i would be able to refrain from braking at the same time as you as my stopping power is superior to yours, so basically i wouldn't have to brake as soon as you.

does that make sense?? :wink:

Comment

It's not so much the speed your travelling but the increased acceleration you achieve with tuning.
                Basically I found that as the acceleration was so much quicker I needed the brakes to react much quicker too.
                The AP's bite and start working instantly, and because of the better acceleration your reaction time to traffic changes needs to be quicker as you have less time to do anything about stopping!

Somebody should PM Mark [Sparky] about this as he will actually know what he's talking about
                sigpic

Comment

its weird cause at the moment the brakes are in first place, but i keep willing for people to vote for the intercooler but at the same time i want honest opinions :wink: so if people reccommend brakes more so then i will go for popularity cause i suppose if your at this stage then you know what your talking about

Comment

i'm not disputing that the brakes arent needed cos i will be upgrading mine cos they will come in handy , the only thing that worries me is that if some one is behind you you can bet your bottom dollar he aint got em fitted and so bang your rear end is gonna cop for it :? maybe a rubber rear would be the first upgrade
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                      its weird cause at the moment the brakes are in first place, but i keep willing for people to vote for the intercooler but at the same time i want honest opinions :wink: so if people reccommend brakes more so then i will go for popularity cause i suppose if your at this stage then you know what your talking about
                      i have been running stage 3 since nov and to be honest never thought or felt that my standard brakes werent good enough , you soon learn the limits of the car and the brakes , i would go for power first imho
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

I vote for you to get the brakes. The reason I have is that if you have the money now pay for them, power upgrades can be added later and so doing you will not have to worry about the braking. Suspension next and then the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                          I vote for you to get the brakes. The reason I have is that if you have the money now pay for them, power upgrades can be added later and so doing you will not have to worry about the braking. Suspension next and then the power.
                          how long would the ap 4 pots last ?? before replacing and how do they actually work :wink:

Comment

Working...
                          X