This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre pressure monitor

does the VXR have tyre pressure monitor as an option?
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

looking at the manual (p218 onwards), yes it does seem there is an option called DDS (Deflation Detection System), which has an extra button on the dash to enable disable it. I never actually saw it as an available option when i was ordering mine, but then it maybe a country/region specific option like some others...

Comment

Just as a side issue - I am sure I read recently in a recent copy of Auto Express that it was claimed that car manufacturers maybe forced to supply tyre pressure guages in the future as part of the basic car sale.

I'll try and find the article again and report back on the exact report ........
      sigpic

Comment

I think that was only in America due to the Bridgestone and Ford tyre exploding fiasco.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

thanks for the info guys. this is my next mod to be installed
          Tech2 Diagnostics
          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

i thought 08 plate forwards could have it as an option, but not 100% sure

Comment

Originally posted by DrG View Post
              looking at the manual (p218 onwards), yes it does seem there is an option called DDS (Deflation Detection System), which has an extra button on the dash to enable disable it. I never actually saw it as an available option when i was ordering mine, but then it maybe a country/region specific option like some others...
              Deflation detection is standard on the Corsa VXR. It is NOT measuring tyre pressures though. You have to check you are happy with the pressures press the button on the dash to confirm this... It then monitors rolling circumfrance (using the ABS/traction control sensors) over ten-twenty mins and averages it out. You'll need to reset it as your tyres wear down as I did the other day. Only problem is it doesnt tell you straight away, so if its pretty much flat when you pull off it has to monitor for this twenty mins to work it out - so i'm led to believe!

Assume its similar on the Astra mate...
              Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
              sigpic

Comment

the one i will be installing has the tyre pressures shown in the display
                Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

I have it on my Astra OPC.You inflate the tyres up to the point you prefer and then hit the button to calibrate the system.When it measures a significant loss of pressure
                  the alarm goes on and you can see on the screen the tyre having the issue.A useful
                  feature IMHO if you're driving a sports car without an emergency tyre!

Comment

It was always something you could have added as a special factory option, although never advertised in the brochure.

HAving said that to retrofit will cost a wee bit as the tyre valves are £70 odd
                    + vat and the control box around £90 + vat, add the cost of taking the tyres off to fit the new valves and the Tech2 time to program in and you are looking between £500 to £1000 for this option. Not cheap!

Comment

ball to that then ill just do what i allways do give em a little kick.If your gonna be james bond i sudgest getting the machine gun option first for all the traffic lol

Comment

i can get the bits cheap, so will just be the cost of getting the valves installed.
                        Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

if you can get the bits cheap and the installation is reasonable then go for it.By the way your car must weigh about 4 tonne in optional extras lol

Comment

i know mate lol. need to get it superchipped to make up for it lol
                            Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

ye lol

Comment

Working...
                              X