This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerned abouth the power jump

thinking of gettting cs2 done this month and then the intercooler and remap update as booked for april, seems sensible just having second thoughts about jumping in at the deep end straight away lol
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

When I did the Monaro, I did it in small jumps mainly because the upgrades were still being developed, however, I think I still would have gone the same route had they all been around at the time.

My theory is this:

You initially get that rush with the power and slowley this rush will disappear and you feel you now want....so you then take the next step and you get the rush once more

But, if you were to jump in at the deep end and go for the BIG power straight off, then you will get a nice BIG rush but that will soon wear off and then where does that leave you, you are already at the end.

Just my thoughts...

Comment

its everyone to there own i suppose!! but i prefer upgrading in dribs and drabs, cause its nice to see the difference each time and it gives the car chance to catch up and you always have something to look forward to like the boss said. . And i like drinking thorneys vending machine dry

also there is the small issue on how much cash you have got!!! i've promised the miss'is that i won't spend anymore on the car until after the wedding in May and i'm itching already, its a good job the wedding is paid for cause we would probably end up at gretna green instead of cyprus

Comment

yeah now booked cs2 for feb 27th and cs3 for april 3rd

Comment

I done mine in stages aswell... I found it more fun knowing that there was something more to go at a later date. Also it gives you time to adjust and get used to increased power.

Also if you find at stage 2 you have enough and dont want to go further you've saved yourself some cash

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc

Also if you find at stage 2 you have enough and dont want to go further you've saved yourself some cash
            Enough - You can NEVER have enough power

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR

Enough - You can NEVER have enough power
              i kno.... roll on stage 4!! bye bye bank balance!

Comment

if stage 4 would have been ready i would have gone stage 4 i cant wait if it's there i'm having it
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

stage 4 lol whats that uprated cams and a turbo prob some way off yet tho

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                    if stage 4 would have been ready i would have gone stage 4 i cant wait if it's there i'm having it
                    I have a feeling me, you and dave are always gonna be the nutters doing it first?????

Comment

so stage 2 should bump me up to 275bhp and stage 3 to 300bhp

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                        so stage 2 should bump me up to 275bhp and stage 3 to 300bhp
                        My stage 2 was 285

Comment

really thats impressive. want them to fit my new plugs and check my coil pack while im there too. is that whats quoted 285 or was that just damn lucky

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                            I have a feeling me, you and dave are always gonna be the nutters doing it first?????
                            you know me and dave so well we are related arent we cos you look like me lol maybe dave is our dad
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                              really thats impressive. want them to fit my new plugs and check my coil pack while im there too. is that whats quoted 285 or was that just damn lucky
                              dunno, VXRPC done my map.. that the fig I was hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                              X