This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti mist?

Is there anything you can put on your windows to stop them misting up? Its such a pain in the winter months.
    sigpic
    Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Rain X do an anti fog solution you can apply to the windows that helps to stop fogging. If its really bad then check you dont have a water league or failed rubber that might be making the carpets damp

Edit - Extra info

Just found this which makes interesting reading http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product...antimists.html

Comment

yes Rain Ex Anti fog
      Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
      Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

If its on the inside of your windows then you probibly have a water leak or its really tropical and humid in your car.

Comment

Water leak? Its 10months old Every car i've ever had has had misty windows on cold cold mornings. We have 4 other cars on the drive and they all had it this morning. I thought it was the mixture of wet and almost freezing temps?
          sigpic
          Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Comment

on really cold mornings i don`t put blower on till egine has warmed up a bit so its blowing warm air as blowing cold air can cause mist on inside , another tip is never use de-icer as this causes inside to mist aswell

Comment

I really need to get some fog-x , it seems like the inside of the windscreen was cleaned with a silicone based cleaner out of the factory as it steams up very easily , can still see the big O rings where the glass glamps were on the screen as it was positioned
              sigpic
              Originally posted by soosie
              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
              Originally posted by soosie
              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Benoj View Post
                Water leak? Its 10months old Every car i've ever had has had misty windows on cold cold mornings. We have 4 other cars on the drive and they all had it this morning. I thought it was the mixture of wet and almost freezing temps?
                I dont think the age of your car matters whether its going to leak water or not benoj, ive worked in a few garages and water leaks on brand new motors is a common i do live in the north of scotland where it is fairly wet most of the time.

Perhaps its just your local weather and surroundings, do you live it a fairly wet place?! Mist is because the inside of the car is cooler than the outside and the mist appears.

The mk3 astra's used to do it and if you started them up and get them warm then put the heater on recicle it would stop it, a lot of the time its a blocked pollen filter but i am not sure if the astra H has one of these, they are normally in the bulk head area under the scuttle panel, they block and it lets mosture get through.

Example if you jump into your car with a wet jacket on the window will steam up so thats why i mentioned the water leak as the reson the windows steam up is the presents of water or a fair temp difference between the outside of the car and the inside.

Comment

Working...
                X