This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Rear lights

Installed some rear led bulbs earlier. Only did the reverse and indicator lights. Didn't have enough bulbs for the brakes, 3 effin bulbs!

Heres some pics

It isn't as blue as that, it's just the camera. What do you think?
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Looks good, what bulbs do you need to change them all?

Comment

I cant remember the bulb numbers, I've had them for about a year, hed them in my Corolla T Sport. Their the same numbers as normal bulbs.

Got all the bits from ultraleds.co.uk Although I checked today and they dont sell the same ones, but there is a person on ebay that sells them, which I did use and they seem better quality Link >http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CSM-SUPPLIE...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
        I cant remember the bulb numbers, I've had them for about a year, hed them in my Corolla T Sport. Their the same numbers as normal bulbs.

Got all the bits from ultraleds.co.uk Although I checked today and they dont sell the same ones, but there is a person on ebay that sells them, which I did use and they seem better quality Link >http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CSM-SUPPLIE...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
        and these didnt cause a fault? or the ecu didnt cut them off like on other l.e.ds??
        Astra Edition #105
        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

legal?

look very very bright?

Comment

some LEDs don't cause the fault. I have PIAA ones fitted as side lights, and had no problems.

Comment

I had to install resistors. Simple job.

Their not as bright as in the pics, their just a tad brighter than the originals. Their not blinding. I've had them on all of the cars, never been pulled, and went through mot fine.
              sigpic

Comment

I had to install resistors. Simple job.

Their not as bright as in the pics, their just a tad brighter than the originals. Their not blinding. I've had them on all of the cars, never been pulled, and went through mot fine.
                okay thanx just looked scorching in the pics

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                  okay thanx just looked scorching in the pics
                  lol yeah I know I just like the LED flicker you get, nice and unique
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
                    some LEDs don't cause the fault. I have PIAA ones fitted as side lights, and had no problems.
                    sorry 2 sound dumb but what is piaa mate?? and if i put blue 1s of those in the sidelights will they work??
                    Astra Edition #105
                    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                      sorry 2 sound dumb but what is piaa mate?? and if i put blue 1s of those in the sidelights will they work??
                      PIAA are a Japanese bulb maker, they have just released tome terra sidelights with built in resistors that fool the ECU. They cost a bit though! If you put a normal led sidelight in it wont work, I've tried it, unless you wire in a resistor, it'll be a bit tight though
                      sigpic

Comment

PIAA are a Japanese bulb maker, they have just released tome terra sidelights with built in resistors that fool the ECU. They cost a bit though! If you put a normal led sidelight in it wont work, I've tried it, unless you wire in a resistor, it'll be a bit tight though
                        awesome!! wud u happen 2 know any part numbers 4 them....or have a website for them or anythin?? thanx mate
                        Astra Edition #105

Comment

awesome!! wud u happen 2 know any part numbers 4 them....or have a website for them or anythin?? thanx mate
                          Part nos for the terra ones?
                          sigpic

Comment

Part nos for the terra ones?
                            yeh if they are the 1s u have in ur sidelights that dont mess up the ecu.....
                            Astra Edition #105

Comment

yeh if they are the 1s u have in ur sidelights that dont mess up the ecu.....
                              Here you go, their called PIAA Super Terra

http://www.hid.uk.com/acatalog/Super_LED.html
                              http://www.piaa.co.uk/bulbs/bulbshow.asp?ID=led

As I said, their a bit pricey, haven't brought them yet, will do though
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X