This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do EBC Sell Front Grooved Discs for the Astra VXR

Does anyone know if EBC produce front grooved discs for the Astra VXR. I know they do them for other Astra models but not sure about the VXR.
    THE GRASSHOPPER HAS LANDED
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

As far as i know they dont yet list them as i contacted EBC about 6 wks ago and they could not supply the fronts only the rear discs.

I bought the courtney grooved discs, and there pretty pretty good with the yellow ebc pad set up. EBC discs on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
      As far as i know they dont yet list them as i contacted EBC about 6 wks ago and they could not supply the fronts only the rear discs.

I bought the courtney grooved discs, and there pretty pretty good with the yellow ebc pad set up. EBC discs on the rear.
      cheers, I've seen Courtney's and I've seen Tarox advertise discs as well, just wasn't sure about EBC

Comment

with pads

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-VXR-GROO...d=p3286.c0.m14
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

According to '' LARKSPEED'' they do drilled and grooved discs for the MK5 turbo @ £141.00.
          Seems cheap..?

Can find their advert in this months Total Vax mag.......
          sigpic
          WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Courts seem your best bet at the min;

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=161

Comment

thanks for the link vxr bad boy.

Reading the item description, it doesn't atually specify the make of discs, just says they're performance 40 groove discs. Only time EBC is mentioned is when refering to the pads. Are they deffo EBC discs?

Comment

why is Corts 16G front and 8G rear

Whats G mean and why not both 16G
                Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
                  why is Corts 16G front and 8G rear

Whats G mean and why not both 16G
                  The 16G is just refering to the discs been grooved and the number of grooves on the disc. The rear discs are smaller with less grooves because they are doing less work and generating less heat than the fronts which do most of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Stu View Post
                    Does anyone know if EBC produce front grooved discs for the Astra VXR. I know they do them for other Astra models but not sure about the VXR.
                    EBC told me that they would be available in 6 weeks max...that was 6 weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by SR06 View Post
                      EBC told me that they would be available in 6 weeks max...that was 6 weeks ago
                      yeah just sent an email to EBC Brakes Direct and got this reply...

Part number you will require depends on the Bhp your Astra produces. We have new listings for 2005- for all the 170, 200, and 240 Bhp models, but unfortunately we are still waiting for the turbo grooved versions to be manufactured. If yours is a 240 Bhp, part number you will require will be GD1449; Vented, 5 bolthole, 321mm diam, 44mm high, 28mm thick at new disc, with an ETA of around 6 weeks.

Comment

Hmmm... Is courts any good on the 16 and 8G with yellow stuff pads.
                        or just save the money and get APs or alcons
                        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post

If you order the above you will find they dont fit, there discs for the astra gsi mk4.

I researched the discs in some depth before i went for the courts disc.

EBC do not do a disc for the vxr front they do how ever do a rear disc.

FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Stu View Post
                            yeah just sent an email to EBC Brakes Direct and got this reply...

Nuff said, i did say they dont do them!

I dont just make things up!

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                              If you order the above you will find they dont fit, there discs for the astra gsi mk4.

I researched the discs in some depth before i went for the courts disc.

EBC do not do a disc for the vxr front they do how ever do a rear disc.

FACT!
                              they do the part number they were using were wrong 'skyliner got an email/call from ebcdirect with the correct part number for the front pads
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X