Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you convert normal headlights on astra vxr to afl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you convert normal headlights on astra vxr to afl?

can anybody help me i want to change my normal headlights to the afl which have the zeons built in, can it be done? and how much would it set me back? thanks matty

Hi,

There have been lots of threads regarding this, it can be done but costs alot, about £350 a headlight from Vauxhall as you would be luck to find them for sale then you need to find someone that knows how to wore them as the connections are not the same.

Do a search and it will bring up lots of threads. Would be looking at around £1k to do it

Comment

Some one has done it .........thread about some where.!?!?
      BUT
      fitted the afl units, and they all work apart from the self levelling and beam adjust part as this would involve mega extra wiring etc to all sensors that come on car fitted with it at factory.......
      sigpic
      WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

ok cheers m8 will do.

Comment

yup, it can be done... a lot of work though. And does require modifications to afl units and your car's loom. I would only suggest going ahead with it if you REALLY REALLY want them!

Comment

well im about to pick up my new nurburgring in a couple of weeks and it was just an idea, might just fit hid bulbs
            how long you had your's? they sound awsome can't wait to get mine.

Comment

You can buy Hella Dynabeam headlights for about £500 for both light units and there simple plug and play, however although they look exactly like AFL's they only come with halogen bulbs so to get the lighting effect of AFL's you have to get a HID kit, a decent one is about £200. So your lookin at about n£700 if you go the Dynabeam and HID kit route.

Personally id rather spend that money on a re-map and RARB.....

Comment

your cheapest way of doing it is finding some used AFL units (can be purchased for about £200 for the pair from scrapyards) then fitting yourself and include the ballast + HID's

So in theory you can fit AFL's for about £220 all in. I know this because i have done it!

Comment

ok sound like a lot of hassel, lol. im gonna borrow my mates bluefin cos hes got a nurburgring (666) lucky sod i want the devils number. so might consider what you said and buy a decent set of hid's, do you know any that are good and where i could buy them from? thanks.

Comment

I brought my kit from HIDS4U, superb kit, I brought the 5000K bulbs, as I don't like blue lights. I paired them up with 85W main beams. I'm happy with it
                    sigpic
                    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your cheapest way of doing it is finding some used AFL units (can be purchased for about £200 for the pair from scrapyards) then fitting yourself and include the ballast + HID's

So in theory you can fit AFL's for about £220 all in. I know this because i have done it!

Comment

Originally posted by matty smt View Post
                        ok sound like a lot of hassel, lol. im gonna borrow my mates bluefin cos hes got a nurburgring (666) lucky sod i want the devils number. so might consider what you said and buy a decent set of hid's, do you know any that are good and where i could buy them from? thanks.
                        Be cool too if he had a 666 p.plate??
                        btw what do you mean borrow your mates bluefin???

Comment

Working...
                        X