This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!! Rant Alert !!!

Just taken my Astra to the stealers to have the recall work done for the manifold studs. It was booked in for tomorrow but they asked me if i'd drop it off the night before so that the engine was cool for them to work on.

I was walking from the car to reception and witnessed a Techie wheel spinning a Corsa B into the workshop. This doesn't fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling!

Got to the reception desk only to be told that they didn't have a courtesy car for me. Do they expect me to walk home and to work in the morning?!?!

The receptionist asked me if i'd like to book it in for Friday instead as they'd definately have a car then. She then asked my age. I tell her i'm 23. Cue sharp intake of breath. Apparently their insurance doesn't cover anybody under 25. I have to bite my tongue at this point... I've just driven there in an Astra VXR and they're scared to lend me a 1.slow Corsa.

I tell her that i'll take it to another dealer because they've been lending me cars, on their insurance since i was 17. She goes off to speak to the gaffer and hey-presto, they'll lend me a car... Albeit with a 1k excess.

On my way back to the car, another Techie is returning from a 'road test' in a Corsa C, giving it absolute death! Needless to say i won't be returning in a hurry!
    sigpic

Classic vauxhall. They are useless in evey way. I wil never be buying another car from them. Every single trip ends in issues, **** ups and rudeness. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Very true! I don't know why i keep buying them...
      sigpic

Comment

Did you check your mileage......????
        Yours SHOULD NOT need a road test just for torque setting adjust on manifold, so if there is any mileage on it when you get it returned i would be asking BIG questions...!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic
        WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
          Yours SHOULD NOT need a road test just for torque setting adjust on manifold, so if there is any mileage on it when you get it returned i would be asking BIG questions...!!!!!!!!!!
          Will be doing. You'd have thought that the Techies would act a bit more sensibly when the customers are watching!
          sigpic

Comment

Im so so glad my deals is fantastic the two girls on reseption as clued up and the techs spot on too i have no worries about leaving my car with them but my car is just booked in for the day it dont take all day for the turbo to cool down, mind you its a 35 mile round trip as the dealer 1 mile from my front door is next to *****.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
              Will be doing. You'd have thought that the Techies would act a bit more sensibly when the customers are watching!
              If you get stuck, bring it to Birmingham.. ditch Pentagon

I'll keep my eagle eyes on it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
                daz its new studs and nuts not just a tighten up and if the studs play up could end up with manifold off.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                  Im so so glad my deals is fantastic the two girls on reseption as clued up and the techs spot on too i have no worries about leaving my car with them but my car is just booked in for the day it dont take all day for the turbo to cool down, mind you its a 35 mile round trip as the dealer 1 mile from my front door is next to *****.
                  I know but i start work before they open so i couldn't drop it off in the morning.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know but i start work before they open so i couldn't drop it off in the morning.

bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                      If you get stuck, bring it to Birmingham.. ditch Pentagon

I'll keep my eagle eyes on it for you!
                      What's the name of the dealers you work at mate?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                        bummer.
                        There's no need to get personal!
                        sigpic

Comment

What's the name of the dealers you work at mate?
                          Lookers. Specifically Lookers Birmingham, Star City.

http://www.lookers.co.uk/cars/dealer...ty%2c+VAUXHALL

Comment

There's no need to get personal!

Comment

mate dropped in her Evo to halfords with 3/4 tank petrol to fit a CD player got home and found out it was on 1/4 a tank 1/2 a tank missing lol
                              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Working...
                              X