This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodyears Fitted Tomorrow

Guys & Gals - had a great drive home today and pulled into my housing estate after negating many clueless drivers on the M25 and M4...and ... drove over a sharp stone which resulted in me having to change all four contis for four Eagle f1 Assymetrics. Gutted about the spend but I expect the transformation over the conti 2's to be worth it.

I had probably 2000 miles left on the conti's but the stone went in the bloody groove resulting in an audible leak - used the tin of repair stuff which seems to have held ok and am off to get them fitted tomorrow in Roadwheel, Fleet - 460 quid for a set of 4 fitted. Seems reasonable!

Anyone had these put on- got any feedback?

seems awful cheap for 4 tyres
    Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

thats amazingly cheap! im going to get a set of these in the next month or so but dont think i will be getting them at that price! are your wheels 18"s or 19"s?

Comment

Originally posted by paperjams View Post
        thats amazingly cheap! im going to get a set of these in the next month or so but dont think i will be getting them at that price! are your wheels 18"s or 19"s?
        sigi says 18" , still thats a good price

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
          sigi says 18" , still thats a good price
          oops... still cheap tho!

Comment

Whats the saying.....if somethings too good to be true it normally is!

Comment

last year i paid £240 for 2 tyres , should of been £138 per tyre but because i got 2 the garage knocked a bit of price off , sometimes are deals to be had like 4 for price of 3 ect ,

Comment

Very true

Comment

Eagle f1 Assymetrics very Good I run them on my car now
                  the truth is out there
                  part GSI part VXR
                  tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

be interested to know where the Goodyears are being bought from?
                    need some new boots myself soon
                    Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

bought 2 new dunlops for the front cost £350 for my 19's.tad expensive but grip is really gud.

Comment

they're from Roadwheel in Fleet, Hampshire - fitted. I thought it was a good price, then again I could get them for 123 each fitted from Kwik Fit :/ - Will hopefully turn up the good tomorrow otherwise I'll be upset!

Comment

Dropped the car into Roadwheel at 10:35, drove out at 11. 4 brand new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetrics 225/40 R18 - £462.92

Not a scratch on the alloys!

EDIT: Almost forgot! I drove back on my usual route, wet from melted snow and these tyres made the car feel so different. So much more lateral grip. Still wheel spinning a little when pressed but they haven't been scrubbed yet - but they can only get better. Never going back to Conti's! And there was percieveably less road noise.
                          Last edited by mfurse; 29 October 2008, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X