This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR = Petrol = Skint

as above title is this true depending on if you do lot of random pointless crusing in you car..............

but was just was wondering how many miles do you do a week, also how much petrol you use on week on average and fill up???
    Arden Racing Edition

another thread I cant comment on....
    sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
    Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

It all depends on your driving style and what sort of journeys your doing.

I cant stop driving mine on pointless journeys since i have had the remus fitted. Its also quite hard to not put more pressure on the go louder peddle because the noise is just amazing. At the minute im averaging about 240 miles to a tank full (approx £55). If you drive it sensiby you can get a decent mpg for the type of car it is.

I never complain about the fuel consumption on mine because thats not what i bought my astra vxr for.
      sigpic
      TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

About £50 a week in fuel and just over 300 miles a week
        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

had car since april and just done 3000 miles , a full tank will last me about 2 / 3 weeks , most of my miles are weekend miles as i try not to make pointless trips anymore due to high fuel costs

Comment

Being able to afford the running costs of a certain car is one of the factors you must take into account before making your purchase.....No point in having a car if you can't drive it.......I'm averaging around 24mpg...Sometimes only use around £50 but have done £150 in a week depends how far you wanna drive and how fast!!
            Then you've got tax, insurance and the servicing costs to take into account and that's before you get on the modding bug!! Then might aswell say all your wages will be gone!!
            But still yeah go get it

Comment

how longs a bit of string?

Comment

about 256 miles according to my range
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

its all down to how the car is driven
                  I get 32.1mpg at the mo in a 300bhp Zaffy
                  the truth is out there
                  part GSI part VXR
                  tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

22.6 mpg at the moment , which is what i expect in a 2.0L TURBO driven how its meant to be driven

Comment

done 9000 in just over 3 month and probably average about £100 to £150 wen workin,but wen i have a few weeks off i average about £50 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                        about 256 miles according to my range
                        lol

lucky if i get anywhere near 300

Comment

Does depend on how its driven.

I normally get between 25 - 40mpg depending on how im driving it obviously.

Also get at least 300 miles to a tank
                          sigpic
                          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

i lose a lot of mpg from stop start and sitting in rush hour traffic

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                              lol

lucky if i get anywhere near 300

I used to do long distances, approx 85 miles a day, about 1,500 miles a month just in work, was spending approx £300 per month for this and social driving. I was averaging 33 mpg.

Now im only doing 8 miles round trip to work and my mpg has dropped to 25.

The most ive ever had out of a tank was 335 miles from full to flashing red.

Comment

Working...
                              X