Clear All

• VXR CATBACK Mongoose Exhaust

Any good?

Nice price...tempting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-Astra...ayphotohosting

Originally posted by SR06 View Post
    dont know much about it...not sure i like the tail pipe

Comment

Matrix you dark horse what mods you got? DV?!

Anyone....

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
        Matrix you dark horse what mods you got? DV?!

Anyone....
        No mods yet

was chatting to jay 1983 the other night

i am probably going to mod in a reverse order to many..

keep engine standard to start with then in this rough order:

1. LSD
        2. RARB
        3. shock n dampers
        4. Tinted glass
        5. Then da Engine....hahahaha

and absolutely no sign of me dumping in my car lol

Comment

full system

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONGOOSE-EXHAU...d=p3286.c0.m14
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

well price is good...

but moongoose i thought had a rep for making zorts that sounded like 747 engines, with the ability to make your brain bleed through your ears, but not neccesarily good performance?

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
              dont know much about it...not sure i like the tail pipe
              Could be shaped like a love heart for all I care, as long as it works

Comment

moongoose exhausts are spot on i had one on my vectra st and the sound was pure class not loud just so sweet, it was one finr systom and the fit was first class mate. I would buy another zorst form them with no worries at all hope that helps.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                  No mods yet

was chatting to jay 1983 the other night

i am probably going to mod in a reverse order to many..

keep engine standard to start with then in this rough order:

1. LSD
                  2. RARB
                  3. shock n dampers
                  4. Tinted glass
                  5. Then da Engine....hahahaha

and absolutely no sign of me dumping in my car lol
                  That looks a spot on list mate but no real need to change shocks the std one are very well balanced just get yourself a set of the dap springs bud. do the springs and rarb at same time for total efect.

Comment

my mate had one on his Nova GSi back in the day, sounded really good, not boy racer loud just spot on, also made it go better too
                    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                      That looks a spot on list mate but no real need to change shocks the std one are very well balanced just get yourself a set of the dap springs bud. do the springs and rarb at same time for total efect.
                      Seriously are the oe shocks up to the job of controlling uprated springs? I was about to press 'add to basket' on a set of Koni Sports. If the original shocks are good then I'll just get a set of springs, got RARB already

Comment

Mongoose from what I can tell is the same as the old Astra VXR Magnex system. There is no sports cat in this system though..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by SR06 View Post
                          Seriously are the oe shocks up to the job of controlling uprated springs? I was about to press 'add to basket' on a set of Koni Sports. If the original shocks are good then I'll just get a set of springs, got RARB already
                          Dave from dap says they are realy good shock and hes the man when it comes to handling.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                            Cheers Dave , well pleased to get your seal of approval, and thanks for the shocks tip...

I know lots of guys love going straight for the power and engine figures and stage mods.
                            But I stopped and had a long hard think about it....thought nope, I want to approach this my way

Get this puppy handling so sweet and get all the traction and existing power down.

I know she will feel like a new car for the first mods, then at my leisure i can crank up the power..

Glad im not seen as raving loony

Comment

mongoose exhaust1

hi, with reply to your question about the mongoose, its amazing!!!!! I heard a burg with the remus a while back and to be honest it was just too loud for me. i bought the pre cat aswell as the cat-back system for a bit of extra power. the noise when the mongoose was fitted alone tho was brilliant, it sounded very aggressive but only about 3.5k revs, below that you would barely know the exhaust had been changed. everyone comments on how good it sounds. definetly worth the money, and pretty cheap in my oppinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X