This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new wheels....

This is a photoshop of the new wheels im thinking about buying.

The problem i have is the standard wheel fitment size is
    8x18"
    These Dotz Hanzo wheels only come in 8.5x18". Has anyone fitted wheels of this size to a vxr ??
    Do they fit properly, or will they end up rubbing on the arch ?

As these are a special order item from Germany the guy in the shop said they would probably not accept a return after they have been put onto the car.

I think they look stunning and hope the size won't cause a problem but i would really like to know for diffinate before i buy them.

Not sure what you are paying inc shipping from Germany but £795 from here inc. budget tyres and locking wheel nuts,
    http://dotz.alloy.wheelsgateway.co.u...=1#tyreoptions

8.5" isn't an issue in itself but you will need the offset for starters too
    sigpic

Comment

the offset is the same as the 1.2's i was looking at, so i presume that would be fine. I have been offered the wheels without tyres as my tyres are almost new for £500

Comment

off set is off...

I tried fitting to my Astra H and they wont go...
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

hmmm, according to Dotz, it is a 35 offset, the same as the 1.2's. Did you get the correct offset wheel Dtox ??

The wheel size im looking at states;

8.5x18
          5x110 stud pattern
          et35 offset

Now as the offset is the same as the 1.2's and Dap's Revolutions(i think) so the only concern i have is if the 8.5 width will cause rubbing on the arch.
          Last edited by simon2881; 29 October 2008, 03:35 AM.

Comment

In case anyone else is interested in these wheels, they do fit and look spot on aswell.
            I will post up some pics when the rain stops and i can finally wash the car

Comment

Working...
            X