X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you get any grief as it is "just an Astra"

As per title really.

I love my car but there are alot of idiots out there who just see it as an Astra and nothing more. They refuse to accept that there are some significant differences between it and a normal Astra. I think they know deep down that the car is quick but don't ever admit it.

Also I see alot of "chavs" now have managed to get their hands on them. I keep seeing a red one near me with it's fogs on, sidelights on (no AFL) and a big banner over the windscreen saying VXR. Kind of makes me not want to associate with that.

Any thoughts?

i know what you mean, ive just bought one, one of the biggest things stopping me even considering one to start with was the image i have in my head of not only vauxhalls, but some of the people (idiots) you see driving them. plus i think they get pretty bad press... wasn't untill i drove one that i realised i liked it...

Comment

yes i get the impression from those not in the know that its just an astra, how little they know eh.
      Also i am getting a bit pi$$ed by the amount of chavs now getting hold of the earlier ones. But with the second hand car market as it is nothing can be done... i suppose we will have to live in the knowledge that they will soon enough crash these and leave us that little bit more exclusive.

Comment

end of day it`s just an astra , but a foooooking very quick , stylish astra , with a 2.oL turbo that p1sses on alot of over hatchbacks in the same range ,
        theres a scooby near me who tries to race everytime he see`s me , always know when he`s behind me as his breaks queak like foook , got the shopping list on side aswell lol

Comment

i get slated from time to time, but foook them i wanted this car since i first saw it, and i just hope i get to the side of the haters on a fast road! do you get
          'why didnt you get an audi or a bmw?'
          imo the vxr has looks and speed.

Comment

How many forums , how many youtube videos or links do you want me to post for you
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

In reality, who cares, you brought the car because you like it

And bugger the chavs, they'll just crash them, so it will balance out in the end
              sigpic
              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                In reality, who cares, you brought the car because you like it

And bugger the chavs, they'll just crash them, so it will balance out in the end
                thats what i meant

Comment

I get this all the time with the corsa over here......chavs in there Honda civics and CRX's.....they just say ''its a corsa there not quick'' until i wiped that grin off there face.
                  CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

yeah i get some stick too, but who cares, they look sweet and go like ****!
                    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I hate ppl that use fogs on lol....

I get the older ppl hate the excuast on the burg and the young kids shout revv it up

And the other boy racers give evils
                      Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                      Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

I had a 'chav' wannabe in his burberry cap and faded red nissian micra (old shape) with a peko big bore exhaust the size of a dust bin lid wanting to race me yesterday.

He sat there revving his engine thinking his exhaust sounded nice until i revved mine and it was popping. His mate in the passenger seat leaned out the window saying "Not as fast as this mate"

Well the lights changed to green, he stalled and i drove off laughing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                          I had a 'chav' wannabe in his burberry cap and faded red nissian micra (old shape) with a peko big bore exhaust the size of a dust bin lid wanting to race me yesterday.

He sat there revving his engine thinking his exhaust sounded nice until i revved mine and it was popping. His mate in the passenger seat leaned out the window saying "Not as fast as this mate"

Well the lights changed to green, he stalled and i drove off laughing!
                          Are you for real....a micra against a vxr what goes through peoples minds sometimes.
                          CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

Used to get this, ah lovely car mate, still only an Astra or still only a Vauxhall.

When you try to explain that it does come with 240 horses they still are not convinced, until you take them out in it. Seems to solve the problem every time.

Comment

Originally posted by corsaopc View Post
                              Are you for real....a micra against a vxr what goes through peoples minds sometimes.
                              Trust me, ive never had so many skip's on wheels wanting to race me before in my life, im not sure what it is, maybe because people think its 'just an astra' and maybe think its a 1.1 or something with a body kit.

However i have had the odd people come up to me saying what a nice car it is....thats nice at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X