X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing chrome / Silver pipeing

Hi peeps,

Decided i want to get rid of the silver / chrome pipeing below the windows. Now im assuming its not a simple case of just pulling it off to reveal black plastic.

How is this done?

what do you plan to do with it when its off as there will be a big hole and the clips that hold it in place so the options are all new rubbers and new rear windows as the rubbers part of the class,orremove it spray it put it back in or some black insulation tape and cover works realy well if yoi take your time not the time of year tho to be honest as its better inthe warm.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

surely you can get them sprayed up and then put back on
      Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
      Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

My old astra came without them , I had them fitted under warranty but htey had to take the rear windows out and refit them... There were a batch of cars made in 06 without them ...

Comment

there are some options,

you can swap the fronts out for a set of base moded 3dr versions which will remove the chrome,but to do the same on the rears you have to take the windows out.

the other thing i've tried,is you can carefully pop out the chrome strips and cover them with black insulation tape (dont laugh,its actually a really good colour match) and put them back in.this is VERY tricky and you can easily make a hash of it.

lastly,one other thing i've tried is,if you have the carbon B pillar trim you can cover the chrome in carbon film,which is down to personal taste,but i thought the overall effect was good tbh.
          ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
          version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
          version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
          coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

It was just an idea, never been keen on the siler strips myself, may have alook at changing it when the weather picks up.

Comment

I think the only downside to doing this is that your 57reg will appear at first glance to be a 55 reg as they didn't have the chrome strip......

Comment

I can live with that

Comment

just viynl it , thats what we done and its much easier

Comment

How did you do it mandy? Just leave the silver on adn vinyl over it whilst on the car or take the silver off and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                      How did you do it mandy? Just leave the silver on adn vinyl over it whilst on the car or take the silver off and do it.
                      we left the chrome on and vinyled over it while still on the car, we just toned the chrome with a silver grey to match our wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
                        we left the chrome on and vinyled over it while still on the car, we just toned the chrome with a silver grey to match our wheels
                        Cheers Mandy, will give it a go......sometime.........something else to put on my to-list.........

Comment

im the opposite id like the chrom and dont have it burt to get it .i think the roof lining would need to come down ..to much hastle

Comment

Working...
                          X