This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade the car audio.

Can anyone recommend me a couple of tidy front speakers, and a sub+amp.

Would I be able to get these for possibly under £200 as im a tight git

Also can a amp/sub be connected the standard head unit? As you can tell, im clueless when it comes to audio.
    sigpic
    Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Jesus 2nd hand i reckon..
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Funy you should reply marc, I spent an hour reading your nurb thread last night, I couldnt spend as much time or money as you did. Amazing job though!
      sigpic

Comment

I didnt know alot about audio till Basil taught me...I do know that for £200 you wont get alot.....well not a full kit like you want...

I think some may say just change fronts and dynamatt because that alone transformed my car...
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Fair enough, any recommendations on the front speakers? Also I want to connect my Ipod up somehow, but im not keen on just getting an aux cable for the connection by the handbreake because it wont charge it, and dont really want a cable comming from the cig lighter aswell.

I've just come across this and it looks like it could be the answer if A) Its can be connected to the standard vaux unit, and B) if the cable can the go into the glovey or somewhere conceled. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/10111.html
          sigpic

Comment

hoggy a has fitted the ipod plus charger which does look good
            look at 2nd and 3rd pic on this thread http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...highlight=ipod

Comment

Some nice work there, I wouldnt be 100% happy though, im quite fussy and have to have things just so, and for me those wires comming out and the different coloured plastic would not satisfy me. What I would idealy like is a wire that can connect the ipod to the stereo and charge it at the same time, and have this running into the gloove box so its all out of sight.
              sigpic

Comment

agree with marc totally, youve cant do the audio cheap or you end up with a setup like the standard vauxhall one.

If you get a good set of fronts and run them off an amp that will do you to start with to be honest.

I finished my upgrade last weekend, and the fronts offer just as much bass as the sub i have. Ive replaced my front and rear speakers and running them off an amp and have another amp in the boot running a sub. The system is too loud to be honest i think iv gone over the top.

If BasilD offers you any advice take it, i did and dont regret it at all.
                Whats next?!?!?

Comment

ive just fitted a hu and i used connect2 cables etc so everything just pluged straight in but now i have lost the center speaker have i done something wrong?

Comment

I brought a piano black FM transmitter which plugs into the cigarette lighter for my Ipod, the bonus of this is that it keeps your Ipod charged up.

Your not going to get anything decent stereo wise for £200. It cost me £500 for a sub and an amp in my last car (have yet to put it in my VXR) and that was only mid range / quality (infinity). To get better fornt speakers will cost a mint as there generally isnt much gain on replacements unless you spend alot which is why i went the sub and amp.

Oh, and a sub and amp will connect to the standard stereo, but my advice would be to get this professionally fitted unless you know what your doing.

Comment

£200 would get you a decent set of front speakers/midrange and tweeters, start from there and if you need anything after add to it.
                      I see dumb people.......
                      .....they're everywhere
                      .....they walk around like everyone else
                      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Working...
                      X