This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug

just been on corts website, making out my shopping list and come across the Iridium Spark Plugs. is anyone using these and if so are they any good? should i add them to my shopping list or not?
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

i have these sitting in front of me. think if your gonna remap etc get them as they will help but dont bother if your stayin standard
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Re: plug

Originally posted by sandyVXR
      just been on corts website, making out my shopping list and come across the Iridium Spark Plugs. is anyone using these and if so are they any good? should i add them to my shopping list or not?
      The better the plugs, the less the chance of timing retard and hence better power/economy. The gains won't be noticeable in terms of outright power, but better plugs (i.e. plugs with a stronger spark) will allow your engine to run a more efficient, advanced timing, which can only be good.

Plus, being Iridium they will maintain their ultimate performance for longer.

Andy

Comment

and they wont melt under high boost and destroy your valves/pistons
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

yep got them as part of my S2

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Got em as well as part of my s3

Comment

had them in the GSi with a CS2 @ 265bhp

Comment

in order to change the spark plugs do you have to take off the cross over pipe? or can it be done without removing it.

Comment

no you need to loosen it from the turbo you dont have to take it all the way off

Comment

so undo the jubilee that holds it to the tiny courts hose piece and pull it to one side, then lift off the black spark plug cover. are they directly under the cover

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                      so undo the jubilee that holds it to the tiny courts hose piece and pull it to one side, then lift off the black spark plug cover. are they directly under the cover
                      yes loosen the one the other end as well so you dont put it under any strain.

Comment

Working...
                      X