This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light Removal

How do you change the fog light unit on the Astra VXR..

One of mine was smashed by a stone and I managed to get a new unit off ebay for 40 quid.

I know the plastic surrounds popped out on my SRi but is this the same for the VXR... I have had a feel round but don't want to force anything incase I break em..

Once the plastic bit is off I think it's just 4 screws and the wire to do?

Any Ideas?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

yep mate the black plasic bit pops out with the chrome ring you can feal the tags that hold it in fron under the bumper just push them through from behind. then yes 4 screws and the bulb holder with bulb its just slight buch in and 1/4 turn.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I can't quite work out where to push to get this plastic surround to pop out, paranoide of breaking it!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I had the n/s fog light smash, just the lens only. Bought a new one on ebay. It took about 10 mins to replace. Put the front end up on ramps, unclipped the wiring harness ,(a push fit if I remember correctly) undone the torx screws (limited space, but workable) and out it came. A simple job. Prior to this I visited my local Vauxhall garage to be told by a technician that I needed to remove the F/bumper to do the job!! What utter Boll**ks ! Hope this may help. Regards Rich.

Comment

Working...
        X