This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this fuss over M3's and...

Had a right giggle today at an E46 M3, two blokes in car and what looked like a v expensive enumber plate... two numbers then CC.

Anyway was praying he joined the motorway, which he did, but he didnt boot it up the slip road.

Anyway as we merged, I was doing around 55/60 so booted it in 3rd more or less straight out to lane 3. As I did this, the BMW did likewise but he had no idea that I was attached to his rear right corner, and went out to lane 3 causing me to have to brake at the end of 3rd gear (around 85mph I guess but not sure). He must have been shocked.

Anyway then his passenger starts looking round from the seat and through the rear window. As soon as he got a clear stretch he booted it, and I did likewise. Was so funny as through another 2 gears, the cars remained in exactly the same position (me sat on his bumper lol).

I would not have been able to overtake him imho, unless I had managed to get on the power earlier than him. I was quite impressed, certainly the stage 2 is matched to the straight line speed of the M3. Obbiously may be different story on twisty bits but I would happily give it a go. All about boost

Yep i have to agree with this as i have experianced the same with a 55 plate,

Comment

your talking about the autobahn in Germany right?
      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Er, yes. If I really have to...

Comment

I can keep one of them behind me on the errr M1
          they are not happy about it when they start driving like a Tool just let them past
          they dont like getting a kicking from a MPV
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

raced a Porche Cayenne S ( the boxter look alike )
            Kept up with up all the way no one could loose each other exactly the same match and that was with my vaccume hose popped off so Prob beat him now
            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Must admit into 4th which was when we both took off (we were at a static high speed) I was foot to floor.

If anything I was having to slightly hold back. If we were in seperate lanes I woul dbe very interested to see what would have happened, if I had the clear run.

Comment

If you was only keeping with him at best (slip streaming), then you certainly wouldn't make any ground on him as the speeds rise. M3's are in their element once into 3 figures and will start to pull your pants down..
                But it is easy to come across one with a driver who's not expecting the Astra behind him to keep up.. lol. Also had an extra passenger, so I can believe a S2 VXR would keep tucked up behind him (to a certain speed)..

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
                  raced a Porche Cayenne S ( the boxter look alike )
                  Kept up with up all the way no one could loose each other exactly the same match and that was with my vaccume hose popped off so Prob beat him now
                  dont you mean the caymen the cayenne is the fugly looking jeep
                  sigpic

See No Evo, Hear No Evo, Fear No Evo! 508bhp,540lb/ft

Comment

i do beleive you m8 as i used to own 1 and and burg could keep up no probs!!
                    i feel they are a little overrated,i have had bothe the e36 and e46 and felt the same about both..thats why i sold the m3 and kept the burg..

Comment

Working...
                    X