This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Din DVD Vs Regal IPF?

Got £500 spare and was wondering what people would go for from the above 2 options? yesterday i was thinking regal ipf then today thinking double din dvd..........
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

You'll have a lot more fun with the re-map, but it will cost you a lot more in fuel

Comment

Originally posted by simon2881 View Post
      You'll have a lot more fun with the re-map, but it will cost you a lot more in fuel
      No it wont. My vxr is better on fuel with the ipf remap. Remap remap remap

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
        is it really? Can the IPF be progammed to only be used when the sport button is pressed?

Comment

Yes, Graeme is correct the maps actually use less fuel than the OE software.

The sports button is used if you wish.

There are a number of options that will become clear to you when you have the IPF. there are 240/270 maps available for example.
          |www.regalautosport.com|Online Shop|+44 (0) 2380 55 86 36|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram|Blog
          sigpic
          |72-82 Belgrave Road, Southampton, SO17 3AN, UK|Monday to Friday 0800hrs – 1730hrs|

Comment

what gains/maps could i expect, i have the remus exhaust looking on the regal site says about 275bhp 450nm?

Comment

yes,

that's what you should expect with the map, plugs and panel fiter to complete the "Phase 1" upgrade.

all the best.
              |www.regalautosport.com|Online Shop|+44 (0) 2380 55 86 36|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram|Blog
              sigpic
              |72-82 Belgrave Road, Southampton, SO17 3AN, UK|Monday to Friday 0800hrs – 1730hrs|

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post

There are a number of options that will become clear to you when you have the IPF. there are 240/270 maps available for example.
                If there is that many maps how do you know which one to use?
                I would expect there are a few maps for the different combinations of mods?
                Or is it a case of trial and error ?

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post

Is the 240 map just the standard GM one, or is it also modified?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazerc View Post
                    If there is that many maps how do you know which one to use?
                    I would expect there are a few maps for the different combinations of mods?
                    Or is it a case of trial and error ?
                    Yh, which map would i need to use to give me the best bhp/torque gain?

Comment

Originally posted by miballsa_ritchie View Post
                      Is the 240 map just the standard GM one, or is it also modified?
                      modified for economy....

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                        Yh, which map would i need to use to give me the best bhp/torque gain?
                        just try them out and see which one is your preference.....but I'd deffo get the ipf over the dvd!!

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                          Guess i just put my foot down more when i drive now.....love being thrown back in my seat

Comment

There are maps with differnet throttle responses etc and different settings for power steering etc...

I swapped mine from the standard 240/275ps which dyno'd to 276.7bhp to the 240/280PS nurburgring map. Which is a more refined version feels the same until you boot it, as the TC and ESP has been backed off a little..

There's also versions for cars without precat's etc.

I pull 28mpg with sport button on when I cruise at 70 sport button off i get 45-50mpg sometimes!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Also IPF is on offer atm!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X