This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm help

Ok.. does the 06 (July picked up) model come with a alarm as standard??? Just tried to look at the new spec on VX and I can't see alarm...

That's question 1!!

Question 2....

How do you set it off???? I've locked the car pulled door handles, rocked car but nothing seems to set it off???

Question 3....

Now getting a puppy and have a sensor button thing (making me think I do have an alarm). At some point I will have to leave it in there and lock the doors. How do you know when they are turned on or off ???

just put the dog in the boot it should be ok in there

Comment

Re: Alarm help

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
      Ok.. does the 06 (July picked up) model come with a alarm as standard??? Just tried to look at the new spec on VX and I can't see alarm...

That's question 1!!

Question 2....

How do you set it off???? I've locked the car pulled door handles, rocked car but nothing seems to set it off???

Question 3....

Now getting a puppy and have a sensor button thing (making me think I do have an alarm). At some point I will have to leave it in there and lock the doors. How do you know when they are turned on or off ???

Yep here too, i presume the motion sensors inside the car will eventually go off with a dog in it but how do you tell when they are on or off with the button next to the interior light

Comment

LOL!

Alarm is fitted as standard to all VXR's. To test put drivers window down slightly. Dead lock car - if its like other Vauxhalls, you have to deadlock to activate the alarm. Wait 20-30 seconds, wave arm through window and voila! The button disables the interior sensors so you could leave the dog in the car, I think the door lock button lights up to indicate they are off.

One bonus is that it does have a tilt sensor so it'll go off if the car is jacked up.
        Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

as far as im aware the sensors are always active unless you dis arm them each time via the switch in head lining !

if you want to see if they work sit in the car , lock the doors with the remote , wait a few seconds and then wave your arms about :wink:

you will look daft but the alarm will go off

Comment

Thanks Phazer, deadlocks on = alarm on

You getting all this Mel??

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
              LOL!

Alarm is fitted as standard to all VXR's. To test put drivers window down slightly. Dead lock car - if its like other Vauxhalls, you have to deadlock to activate the alarm. Wait 20-30 seconds, wave arm through window and voila! The button disables the interior sensors so you could leave the dog in the car, I think the door lock button lights up to indicate they are off.

One bonus is that it does have a tilt sensor so it'll go off if the car is jacked up.
              thanks...

I've tried nearly everything to set it off as yet

Will have to see what I've got it on as I've hit that motion sensor button so many times now I haven't got a clue what setting it is on!

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                just put the dog in the boot it should be ok in there
                Least noone will see it to try and break in and nick her!!

Comment

No worries

The button to switch off the sensors is one time only - press it, alarm then unlock and its back to full coverage again.

Guess your gonna look a bit silly later waving arms about
                  Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
                    No worries

The button to switch off the sensors is one time only - press it, alarm then unlock and its back to full coverage again.

Guess your gonna look a bit silly later waving arms about
                    Yeah, i'm bound to get some very weird looks!! cud be funny tho

Comment

soooo any robber bandit who gets in ur motor will only set the alarm off if he's waving his arms around
                      and not seen any dogs with arms to wave around :P

Comment

my mrs left my little girl in the car a few weeks back and went into shop so she locked the door safety reasons for any unsuspecting person walking by and trying to nick the little un ( she was trying to save them from a nervous breakdown ) anyway she aws in the shop for a few mins and when she came out the lights where flashing like blackpool illuminations so she opened the car and gave the little girl a good ticking off thinking she had been messing with the buttons so in her sobbing state she told her she had not touched anything but then realised she set off the sensors in the car and the poor little sod was deafened by it she told me and i replied : did you press the button in the car ? , had she bloody hell as :? dozy cow , anyway mel trust me it works just get in car lock it then move around lol
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

thats women 4 u m8 , mines got a degree and is a school teacher

she is a very intelligent lass , BUT f**k all common sence :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                            thats women 4 u m8 , mines got a degree and is a school teacher

she is a very intelligent lass , BUT f**k all common sence :wink:
                            he he they have there uses like washing cleaning etc etc ouch !!!! she just seen me write this :?
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

YEH MINES GOOD AT CLEANING :wink:

i have to do the cooking tho or it would be beans on toast every nite :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X