This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo noise

i've been driving a evo 2 for a few days and had a drive in my mates leon cupra r and when u put ur foot down u can hear the turbo spin on both cars but when u do it in the vxr u dont hear it! why dont u hear it in the astra?
    sigpic

i can hear mine alright!!! its awesome in second it scares the sh** out of anyone on the footpath!!

Comment

cant here mine at all.

i think its becase of the air box configuration. fit an induction kit and you'll be able to here it spool up better
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
        i can hear mine alright!!! its awesome in second it scares the sh** out of anyone on the footpath!!
        What you doin driving on the footpath??? think that what scare them

We havent heard the spin, you hear it on and dumping. But not the whistle noise.

Comment

mine sounds ace as it spins up in second.

Comment

so does mine growls a bit
            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

yeh mine sounds gr8 and its standard :wink:

Comment

the folk that can hear theirs is it loud or just a little whistle noise?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                  Originally posted by NELLYC
                  What you doin driving on the footpath??? think that what scare them

We havent heard the spin, you hear it on and dumping. But not the whistle noise.
                  get bored of the road sometimes, so i go looking to race them oap's on there mobility carts

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy141
                    the folk that can hear theirs is it loud or just a little whistle noise?
                    its loud, but even louder with the milltek

Comment

I can never hear it on my VXR, maybe somthing to do with the sound deading cover underneath the bonnet or that it's not that big a turbo.

For better sound fit an induction kit, but then again this could make your car run poor (heat intake), fit a dump valve if you want to hear something to do with your turbo

Comment

For better sound fit an induction kit, but then again this could make your car run poor (heat intake), fit a dump valve if you want to hear something to do with your turbo
                        the car boosts as it is, if you change gear, or lift off the throttle at the right moments, you get a nice healthy boost noise. i love it

Comment

Yea it does boost as it is as it's a turbo

What I was trying to point out is that it's very quiet. If he want's to hear the "turbo" (or turbo gases) then he needs to fit an after market dump valve.

The whine he want's to hear is different as it's the turbo spooling up not the gases been given off.

Comment

im confused here.

i only here the turbo spinning up in second, and its not massivly loud.

as for a dumpvalve, weve all heard mixed results on them

Comment

LOL I'm getting confused as well...... :?

Back to the start, why isn't the turbo spinning in the Astra very loud?

Because it's better built than the other cars you've driven

(I've had a few drinks so this could be going in the wrong direction completly).

Comment

Working...
                              X