This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remus tone changed

so i had my recall (manifold bolts) work done on thursday.. and ever since i am convinced te remus doesnt sound the same as it used to. Now dont get me wrong it still sound good and im not unhappy with it just would like to know if any techs could explain to me if the recall work could have caused this and why. It just doesnt sound as raw and loud as it did, still deep and throaty and a good sound just different... still pops and bangs but no way as loud..... i undertand with carbon build up overtime this can happen but for it to change over a day makes that unlikly...
    Likw i said through im not unhappy with it and actually its growing on me an think i like it better but i like to know why things happen rather than unknowns cheers
    Last edited by DrG; 2 November 2008, 07:52 PM.

perhaps because its not leaking now lol
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
      perhaps because its not leaking now lol
      hehehe yea i thought that too, just wanted a tech to tell me so really...

Comment

should sound the same to be honest
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

I'm sure mine sounds different since the work too. Don't know if this would make a difference but they loaded an updated engine map onto mine to cure the dials re-setting. I know they tend to refine the engine maps over time.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X