This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new game plan

as you lot know im rubbish at deciding on things lol i have definately decided on the full milltek system and am gonna sort delivery out tomorow with courts. only thing im unsure on now is which intercooler to get as i now like the look and idea of thorneys new one (evo style). so may wait a bit till i make up my mind which one to go for, as i will prob get a new turbo in the future just want to make the best choice as its a lot of money and cant afford to it twice
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Its a lot of cash getting a new intercooler so getting the one you are sure of is the best choice.

Comment

yeah as i said defo sure on milltek from reading about them, but now i need to look into the new tms one more as it sounds v good need to see some clear pics and figures first though really
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

mate i will let you know more about the new TMS lower front mount once my car is finished, all i can tell you for now is great design, position and its HUGE in comparison

Comment

is this one of those size matters things?? my lass says it doesnt :wink:

Comment

i would like to se more pics of the TMS one as what i have seen i'm not liking the plumbing.

Comment

there are 2 and only pics of mine are through the bottom grill so you are yet to see the blumbing, but why we are on it what dont you like about it?

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                is this one of those size matters things?? my lass says it doesnt :wink:
                she just doesnt wont to hurt your feelings mate and give you a complex

Comment

Not keen on the idea of the inlet and the exit being on the same plain.

I worked as a fabricator in a refigeration plant and i got to see how the evaporators worked and the idea is not to let the air have an easy escape.

with out us seeing all of the cooler i can only see that the air is fed in at the bottom and then exits on the botton fed up a tube running close to the turbo {HOT} and then in to the cross over in to the plenium thus not making use of all the surface area.

The std cooler and the one from CS/VXRPC is fed in at the botton and the design then makes the maximum use of all the area and then has the exit at the top thus making it get the maximum potential cooling.

If games were to stop being played and figs and photos were to be shown ppl would have a better idea of what cooler potentialy better.

Comment

I picked the CS/VXRPC cooler for two reasons...
                    1, I knew what they were putting out, how they worked and there was no secrecy over anything they were doing. People were posting results, graphs and photos.

2, I dont really know that much about car tuning... I'm not going to make out I do.. but I know that if a company are being closed about results, products and what is going on I feel that something is either going wrong or they are covering up... I based my judgement that something isn't 100% using our company as a comparison. They have used the same policy when we've had problems with stuff or launched/trailed new products and things havent gone just so.

I just wished TMS was more open about what they have done and people who had a TMS map/work posted their figs etc.

Unless... TMS are all running alot higher than us and will just blow us all away on a race then they come clean about how much bhp they doin

This isn't a dig, just my observations and how I am taking and reading the situation. If anything I am confused over it all.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                      If games were to stop being played and figs and photos were to be shown ppl would have a better idea of what cooler potentialy better.
                      second IC hasnt yet been released full stop. There is pics up for the IC that is, its self evident you have issues with anything TMS releases anyway what games mate?

now back to the matter so from your experience in producing evaporators many companies who manufacture front mounts for STi's, EVO's, RS etc have been doing it all wrong from the very begining having the inlet and the exit being on the same plain!

i assume this is all wrong also?

interesting as its produced by the same company who also developed and produced the Courtenays IC, its the front mount for a WRX

and from the same company again
                      the fmic for the Seat Leon Cupra

they also do a really nice WRC style ic for the focus RS & ST.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
                        what games mate? your the only one who ever seems to have problems with anything anyone other than Courtenays release!
                        No i dont.

Just that some ppl on here go on about the TMS stuff and their stage 3 but have not posted any pics or figs.

Some thing to do with " not having the final results"

Courtenays were more than willing to let their customers post pics and figs.

thats all

you need to wind you neck in and calm down its ment to be a forum for debaite not a one sided slanning match.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie

what games mate? second IC hasnt yet been released full stop. There is pics up for the IC that is, its self evident you have issues with anything TMS releases anyway

now back to the matter so from your experience in producing evaporators many companies who manufacture front mounts for STi's, EVO's, RS etc have been doing it all wrong from the very begining having the inlet and the exit being on the same plain!
                          where did i say i made evaporators i was a casing fabricator.

where did i say they were wrong i said i did not like the idea of it.

good to see you chaned your post using the mod tools so it doesn't look like you edited it.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                            you need to wind you neck in and calm down its ment to be a forum for debaite not a one sided slanning match.
                            mate i think you best take note of your own words, sounds a bit hypocritcal to me

sorry my mistake, fabricator.

Comment

[quote="alex_c"]where did i say they were wrong i said i did not like the idea of it.(quote]

well if the company who produces the courtenay IC still use that concept (inlet and the exit being on the same plain) on many performance intercoolers then it must work well just the same!

Comment

Working...
                              X