Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what were the reasons you bought an astra vxr?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what were the reasons you bought an astra vxr?

Just interested to know what peoples reasons were, mine mainly were as follows:

1) value for money in terms of performance
    2) looks
    3) running costs are ok compared to other cars
    4) nice size

and lastly insurance as i was only 21 whn had mine
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

The looks, initially of the sport hatch, but when I saw the VXR I knew I really wanted one. The power was also a factor.

Comment

I would say exactly the same reasons as you corsa!

I was going to pre order one when they originally came out but sadly at the time the insurance was just silly so went for a sri instead. The day i picked up my sri there was 2 red vxr's sat there i was gutted lol
      sigpic
      TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

i agree i wanted to order one when they were first out but just could not get insured - silly money. but am 22 now so not too bad.
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

always loved the gte 16v so i`de say this is the modern day version and had a bit of money to treat myself , ,
          don`t think i`ll be changing for a very long time now

Comment

Looks
            Power
            Remus
            0% finance lol couldnt of bought it straight up otherwise

Comment

The wife was in town buying some shoes and I made a huge error in judgement, I saw one in the garage, loved the look of it, went in for a butchers, took it for a run and signed on the dotted line, I was sold instantly ! Wasn`t even looking for a new car *lol* When I bought mine at the beginning of 06 there weren`t many around either ..

Comment

needed a car badly at the time, my mate told me about it,(cheers jimbo) before then i didnt even know owt about it.. Once i saw a picture i fell in love with it. Also I could get it 2 wks later.. (once again thanks to jimbo and mr Lane)

I'd not even seen one in the flesh until i picked mine up. put the biggest smile on my face. still does now every time i look at it and drive it..
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

the fact that it was tax free and only cost me 14000 brand new

Comment

I just wanted something sporty and fast. Always loved the vxr brand/image. Very nearly went for a lotus, but the practicallity of an astra and 0% finance swung it for me. Dealership had 1 in black, took a test drive, loved it even more, and put an order in for one, and never looked back since.

Comment

Power, power, power

0-60 time was best for a car under 20k!
                      Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

Wanted something comfier and more economical than the EP3 Civic but just as fun to drive.

Wanted a forced induction car as tuning an NA engine is like a black hole for money. Considdered s/charging the civic but then it would still have been a 5yr old car with almost 100k on the clock and all the associated problems that need fixing around 100k
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Did not like the Wifes Tigra(07) (but she did)!!!..

so chopped it in for a Burg

Looks and Limited Edition
                          .Happy Days again

...............Herbie goes Vauxhall......................

Comment

only car could get insurance for

Comment

I liked the mirror on the sunvisor.

Good lease value for my company car, looks, speed and to enter my mid life crisis.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Working...
                              X