This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise on idle

Hi guys ive only had the astra a week now but ive noticed on idle it has a clicking/ticking noise from the engine bay, cant really tell where abouts! But it goes off when reved, just on idle.. is this normal? Also where can i get some carbon engine goodies from? thanks!

Not sure on the rattle but sure somebody on here will be

for the carbon bits pm vxrcourt3 he does all that and the smd conversion
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
      Not sure on the rattle but sure somebody on here will be

for the carbon bits pm vxrcourt3 he does all that and the smd conversion
      Thanks! ill pm him dont suppose you have any pics of a engine bay with carbon goodies? cant seem to find any for inspiration

Comment

have a look at this thread
        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=carbon+engine
        sigpic
        TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

WELCOME TOM TOM

Hi guys ive only had the astra a week now but ive noticed on idle it has a clicking/ticking noise from the engine bay, cant really tell where abouts! But it goes off when reved, just on idle.. is this normal?

I hope it is all well but is yours needing a tighten or new studs on exhaust manifold.

Check out the recall thread on here to be sure

Otherwise whip it in to dealers to check it out ASAP
          Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

recall

mine is going in today for the stud lengths to be checked.Will post to keep you updated. burg 243#

Comment

Wife has just arrived [0715 !!] at the Garage in my car for the STUDS. Manager was there waiting.
              Left a note to say it was pristeen after 11 months old and please take care.

[It was tightened after 1 month and been okay since.]

BUT knocked the Rad and bent and twisted an dented the heat shield trying to get it back on. I had to remove and redo!!
              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Update! it stopped doing the noise yesterday, so its either the zx1 has got round the engine now or a good old spritied drive is what it needed either way the noise has gone. fingers crossed! Also i checked for recalls few days ago and its clear. thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X