Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not good considering it's the leading VXR site!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good considering it's the leading VXR site!

I've been trying to get the wheels off my Burg to give them a coat of Colly for the winter.

So I thought I'd check here to see if I could get advice for JACKING points.

NIGHTMARE!!!!

There's no proper advise to do this I managed to guess my rears from a picture someone posted but the fronts!!....I have NO clue and gave up.

Can someone with some proper experience make a guide on where its safe to jack our Astra VXR using a trolley jack.

And then could a moderator please make it a sticky in the how to section.

To many people have different opinion's about this but only the people who KNOW what there talking about should be giving the advise.

Thanks..

why don't you give vauxhall a ring? if you want to make sure your given the right way of doing it?

Comment

I think for me and other novices like me we need visual guide. Plus from what i read half the VXL garages don't know either due to the numerous damaged side skirts peeps complain about on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Burg373 View Post
        I think for me and other novices like me we need visual guide. Plus from what i read half the VXL garages don't know either due to the numerous damaged side skirts peeps complain about on here.
        ture

Comment

You might find that you get more replies if you asked the question, instead of slagging the site off !! Some might say if you can`t jack it up you shouldn`t be allowed to take the wheels off *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
            You might find that you get more replies if you asked the question, instead of slagging the site off !! Some might say if you can`t jack it up you shouldn`t be allowed to take the wheels off *lol*
            true possibly. your right this is basic stuff thats why i thought it wuld have been covered on here properly before.

Comment

If you look under the site skirt, you will see the sill running along the underside, there is a little 'V' sort of shape cut - out which are the official jacking points, however i prefer to go somewhere a bit more structural.

In all fairness, if you are having doubts and arent sure where to jack the car up, should you be tackling such a job ?
              sigpic
              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Don't jack directly onto the jacking points in the sill with a trolley jack. I usually use a piece of soft wood in between to protect the car, so as i don't end up with a bent up mess at the end.
                sigpic

Comment

this has been covered before on here. Andy put a post up of where to jack etc, after someone on here got there sideskirts split after it being jacked in the wrong place.
                  sigpic
                  Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                  !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

I jacked mine at the weekend and found the posts confusing and got quite in a muddle, but then I went out got the trolley jack out and a piece of wood and jacked it up where the indent is on the sill. Had the wood running parallel under the sill to spread the load.
                    sigpic
                    Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by Benoj View Post
                      I jacked mine at the weekend and found the posts confusing and got quite in a muddle, but then I went out got the trolley jack out and a piece of wood and jacked it up where the indent is on the sill. Had the wood running parallel under the sill to spread the load.
                      so using a piece of wood and trolley jack you jacked it up where the groves are for a normal jack,

Comment

nightmare??? how???
                        search

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...jacking&page=4

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...highlight=jack
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                          If you look under the site skirt, you will see the sill running along the underside, there is a little 'V' sort of shape cut - out which are the official jacking points, however i prefer to go somewhere a bit more structural.

In all fairness, if you are having doubts and arent sure where to jack the car up, should you be tackling such a job ?
                          just what the man Said
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR
                          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

yup daz, worked a treat.
                            sigpic
                            Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Comment

Because its unclear. the picture shown is for the rear. I have read these posts and ended up confused and $hit scared to jack it.

Comment

Working...
                              X