This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre inflation kit

what do you lot think about the tyre inflation kit they supply you instead of a space saver. I think personally that it is just another way that they make you part with you money cos once you put it in your tyre the tyre is useless.Has anyone acually used it. Thank god i avn't yet.

There about as good as the focus ST........no good at all.
    CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

how much would the cylinder in the kit be if you had to buy one from vauxhall.

Comment

Got such a panic on about this that i bought a jack and wheel off ebay for mine.

16 inch steel wheel with 205/55/16 just about matches the outside diameter of the tyres of the 19's. And you're not limited to 50mph when using it.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a bad idea that.

Comment

I have them from time to time.

Apparently the tyre was used for a week before the owner switched to alloys. Cost me £46.50 delivered.

The Jack was £35 delivered.
            sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

a replacement cylinder (glue canister) is just over £25 with trade discount so a few quid more to a normal punter
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

I used the cannister since I got a rapid puncture pulling into my estate - worked quite well, instructions weren't clear to me in a huff and a panic but calmed down and it held all the way to work and to the tyre place (about 20 miles all in). Bloody expensive repair though!

Comment

Did you have to replace the tyre then or could it be repaired?

Comment

I was told that if you used the kit on a tyre then it would be good for a few miles but then the tyre would need replacing and couldnt be repaired due to the **** it leaves inside the tyre, but i could be wrong?

Comment

i just use it to check my pressures, very handy...threw the gunk away thats useless.
                        sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

when I used it the gunk doesnt set hard it can be washed and wiped out easily. Suppose it must be an an-aerobic glue
                          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

You have to replace the tyres - its just to "get you there". The leaflet says limit your speed to 50 mph (which I did) but it held up fine over night and also the next day as I said to work and to the tyre place.

Now I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics and I can go waaayyy faster. In fact I am never looking at conti's ever again - these tyres rule!!!

Comment

How much you pay for eagles cos conti is quite expensive anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X