This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door seals

is it just me or are the door seals on the Astra poor, the wind noise seems to be high when driving? on my last car (a vw) they seemed much better, now is this a fault with my car or just how they all are
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

I have had two vxr's and the door seals were perfectly fine.

Comment

i know it sounds stupid but give both windows a touch of the up button sometimes this can cure this problem. Even if it moves mm.

Comment

this is my 3rd astra and not had any problems with the window seals
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
          is it just me or are the door seals on the Astra poor, the wind noise seems to be high when driving? on my last car (a vw) they seemed much better, now is this a fault with my car or just how they all are
          Maybe your just going faster now than you did in your VW?

Astra

Comment

The astra has a very big door mate, and depending on speed when you are getting the wind noise.

Imagine the wind resistance at 150mph your going to get a wind noise.

Put the window right down and with you knee on the door card give the door frame a wee tweek in. Thats how the garage will fix it, what happens is when your going fast or 70 the wind catches on the seem of the door and creates a gap.

I mind in a nova i had when i was in my teens and when you went over 100 you could fit your fingers right out of the door gap.

Its not the seals its the frame of the door, tweak it in if your brave enough or techincal enough not to F*%k the door.

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
              Ive had it and still got it its been back 2 times for it there cant seem to fix it i put a thread up too and a lot ppl said they had it too?

Comment

I've had it too, it started in summer though been fine since new. I looked at the seal on the drivers side and it was going white so in need of some care. I've treated it and so far its been fine. Oddly the passenger side seal looks good as new.

Could probably get it changed on warranty but it's such a ball ache round here to find a dealer that's intereted. You'd think they'd all been told by Vauxhall they won't get any warranty money
                Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

It's not wind noise, more to do with the ventilation, and comes from somewhere around the passenger side. Honestly, tweak the window-winder button and it disappears - there's been hundreds of threads on this!

Comment

Yeah I know that, every vauxhall I've ever had has been the same, the noise I get doesn't stop even messing about with the window. But as above, it's been fine since I treated the rubber.
                    Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Working...
                    X