This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burg - worth it or not

I currently have a 55 plate stage 2 Astra VXR in red - no real options just 19's and rear parking sensors.

I've been considering getting something newer and wondered if your thought it was worth spending a probable £6k to get a newer model - e.g. a burg or getting something different altogether? £6k is a lot for in essence the same car... Golf R32's look a good option atm - or even the new Scirrocco?

What do you reckon

I reckon its personal opinion.

Depends what YOU like. If you remove the VXR element out of the equation, loads of people swap their 3 year old Astra's for new ones....

Comment

if you get a new car you will get the 3year warranty back
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

that is true - and I do love my VXR... plus I could transfer my bluefin (for a small fee)

just wondering whether something else could tempt me in the current climate

Comment

Personally, I'd go for a new VXR (Nurburgring Edition) if I was going to replace it.

At the end of the day, though, it comes down to money. Can YOU justify it.
          Don't go out and buy the new car just because we all told you to

Comment

Originally posted by spikey View Post
            I currently have a 55 plate stage 2 Astra VXR in red - no real options just 19's and rear parking sensors.

I've been considering getting something newer and wondered if your thought it was worth spending a probable £6k to get a newer model - e.g. a burg or getting something different altogether? £6k is a lot for in essence the same car... Golf R32's look a good option atm - or even the new Scirrocco?

What do you reckon
            have you had your car valued yet mate?

I bought my 55 vxr for £9950 in july and that was the most they were worth the salesman told me, he is a friend so i got it at the price it was traded in for.

The vw option will hold better value for selling on but the vxr is so much more fun and has a lot more caracter and better looking than the vw, you'll be bored of it in no time!

Id go for a nearly new burger and transfer your bluefin.

Comment

i think you might be looking at adding more than £6k for a Burg mate

just been offered £11k for my 56 plate against an £18.5k Burg

there are cheaper Burgs out there but the trade in price will be less
              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

The most important figure when dealing with 'stealers' or traders is your cost to change figure.

It doesn't make a monkey's how much you get offered for your car, nor how much the car they are selling is.

Most important thing is this:

Your car + X ammount of cash/finance = Shinny new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                  The most important figure when dealing with 'stealers' or traders is your cost to change figure.

It doesn't make a monkey's how much you get offered for your car, nor how much the car they are selling is.

Never a more honest word spoken by a salesman

People are so easily duped into the "But they offered £500 extra for my car!"

Astra

Comment

Paid for a glass valuation - came out at £9.5k trade in. Seen burgs with a few miles on for £15995 - not that far from £6k.

I've already lost £5k on my current car after a year and half (plus money spent on mods) which I'm not bitter about because I've enjoyed the car.

But is it worth another 6k+ for in essence the same car, two or so years newer which will be worth the same as mine in another two years?

God I sound like a right old man

Comment

I had a unmarked mint 07 arden blue and i traded my car and 4k for a 08 burg.So what im trying to say is if you want it and got the cash go for it and dont look back cos what else it money good for.I personnally have no doubt and dont even think about the money after its gone and i got a beautiful berg outside my house.

Comment

Originally posted by spikey View Post
                        Paid for a glass valuation - came out at £9.5k trade in. Seen burgs with a few miles on for £15995 - not that far from £6k.

I've already lost £5k on my current car after a year and half (plus money spent on mods) which I'm not bitter about because I've enjoyed the car.

But is it worth another 6k+ for in essence the same car, two or so years newer which will be worth the same as mine in another two years?

God I sound like a right old man
                        Personally imo

Only difference is its white has stickers on it and full leather.

They will one day hold there value but that will be when there as old as a nova sport.

What about a leon cupra like the new ones? K1's are awsome!

If i had the money i would buy a burg just to have one as they are pretty exclusive cars although in effect there the same car.

But do you want to loose loads of cash again on the same car but in white with stickers?

Burg drivers dont seem to think there the same as ive spoken with a few after racing them and there like oh its different from the standard vxr blah blah but the standard vxr with a remus is the same in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                          I had a unmarked mint 07 arden blue and i traded my car and 4k for a 08 burg.So what im trying to say is if you want it and got the cash go for it and dont look back cos what else it money good for.I personnally have no doubt and dont even think about the money after its gone and i got a beautiful berg outside my house.

Totally agree!

Spend it and forget about it!

Enjoy your purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post

easy to tell your a salesman dude
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

I was going to get a Burg. I went to look at one at £16995. I have a 57 pate arden vxr with 19's. People are quite right its the car + x amount of cash you need to look at. They wanted to give me £12250 for my car but they were willing to drop to £15500 for the Burg. So really I almost got the £14k i wanted for mine. Opted out in the end cos I wasn't that impressed with the condition of the Burg.

Comment

Working...
                              X