This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on studs

As i said earlier in another thread my burg 243# went in for a stud check and they were too small by 13mm and had to have replacement studs but its all done and corrected and back home safe and sound now. Glad i had it checked now.
    Thank you to who ever threaded the warning.

That was dtox.....how long did it take them please??

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
      That was dtox.....how long did it take them please??
      They had it for a full day.

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
        They had it for a full day.
        cheers.....seems like a long time just to change some bolts!! they want mine for half a day and was thinking that was too long!!

Comment

they told me half a day at first. i think they got to strip alot of the car apart cos the turbo is connected to the manifolds as well. then they toke mine on a road test.

Comment

That was dtox.
            cough cough 4th post down by vxr bad boy http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31353

its not just a case of bolt out new one in , they have to remove turbo and mines book in for a full day aswell ,

Comment

hhuh hummm that would be Daz then my apologies didn't see your post

Comment

no probs mate , just bored at this end

also wouldn`t trust any dealer that says half day as its quite a big job plus needs test drive and rechecking ,

credit to dtox aswell

Comment

Dont like the sound of letting someone take my burg for a test drive . especially by my dealer. can this be done thorney motor center ?

Comment

Originally posted by rapala View Post
                    Dont like the sound of letting someone take my burg for a test drive . especially by my dealer. can this be done thorney motor center ?
                    Yep. its a Vauxhall warranty job.

Comment

I thought the same but the person who takes it out is some one high up in vauxhall so its not worth his job to abuse them plus he does the same to vxr8's which are 35000 grand and worth abit more than our vxrs and they only take it for a few miles cos i reset the trip computer before i left dont worry they brake it they replace it.

Comment

Most of the time the faster cars are given to the more senior Technicians anyway.

I always got given them at Vauxhall tho as i had my Astra SRi Turbo at the time - they always said to me that as i drove one everyday i knew them inside out so id be the best one to fault find / work on them

As a fellow VXR owner i know what people are like with their cars, so i treat them as i would my own.
                        sigpic
                        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                          cough cough 4th post down by vxr bad boy http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31353

its not just a case of bolt out new one in , they have to remove turbo and mines book in for a full day aswell ,

sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post

Yeah i'd like to say thanks to Daz ... apparently they wanted/needed doing so a big up to that man

Comment

Working...
                            X