This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices

Having now been the proud owner of my astra vxr for a problem free year and a mear 9k on the clock its time to play.
    Can any one help I am trying to obtain the best prices for, Dare I say it!! a complete Magnex exhaust, also what is the price and recommendation as replacement front boots, mine are getting poorly having the round-about illness.

thx Mr Grumps (47) still very fast (legally) old git, or so the wife says.

Toyo Proxies R1....

Work well all round, a little soft though, but you cannot have it all ways....

£220.00 all for 2.

I ran them on the rear of my old M5, Toyo were better the the sp9000 and continental for all round grip.

now on the front of my van with windows and work very well.

Comment

roadrunner motorsport keep doing specials on the magnex on ebay , £540 delivered :wink and i personally like the shape rather than the miltek oval dare say i shall be shot now

apparently vreidsteins are quite good on a vxr according to a local tyre company who has fit a full set for a customer

Comment

welcome to the site grumps i got milltek but cant see why magnex shouldnt be an option some people have had it fitted and seem's ok so buy it
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

vredesteins are very good, but will wear quicker than the toyo T1R the toyo's are excellent value for money considering the drive they give you!

Comment

ah but will they wear quicker than the contis , i have about 3.5mm on the fronts after 4500 miles with the contis ??

Comment

Originally posted by itolson
              Toyo Proxies R1....

Work well all round, a little soft though, but you cannot have it all ways....

£220.00 all for 2.

I ran them on the rear of my old M5, Toyo were better the the sp9000 and continental for all round grip.

now on the front of my van with windows and work very well.
              Toyo
              Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
              225/40 ZR18 92Y RF Rim-protection * With mytyres.co.uk only £ 92.30

Toyo
              Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
              235/35 ZR19 91Y RF Rim-protection * With mytyres.co.uk only £ 131.00

Comment

mmmmmm, £40 differance in price there between 18/19 :?

for the vresteins i got quoted £120 a tyre for 19s

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                  mmmmmm, £40 differance in price there between 18/19 :?

for the vresteins i got quoted £120 a tyre for 19s
                  I would say 3.5mm after 4500 miles, then try and mould a concrete wheel cause nothings goin to last much longer

Toyo's are softer than conti's and vredesteins are even softer to my knowledge anyway!!

Comment

cheers for that i will tell my bank manager :wink:

im swapping front to back this wk anyway cos i would rather put a full set of matching tyres on when the time comes :wink:

Comment

what in about a week!!

Comment

ha ha , hopefully longer m8 :wink:

my partner drives it thru the wk , i just get it for wk/ends if im not busy

but the light nites are aproaching so i will be out bike hunting on the country roads

Comment

Toyo's don't last very long but they are very good.

Have been fitting them to my cars for years, only got 12 months out of them on my Calibra Turbo and had to change them 4 at a time to keep the transfer box happy but it was well worth it.

Will be fiting Toyo's as soon as the Contines need changing.

Comment

Working...
                          X