This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning to new members

Id like to point out to anyone new on here seeking advice on tuning to ignore negative tuner comments some people tell you on here and to phone around yourself to make up your own mind.
    I was disuaded by members on here not to use Thorny Motorsport for various reasons. I was told they werent very good and didnt really understand tuning etc.
    Im currently stuck with a stage 2 vxr i can barely afford to fix after a terminal engine failure. Im not blaming the current software as engines can go but dealers wont touch it as its modified and the 1 year tuner warranty has long expired. The irony of the situation is that had I had a Thorny warranty i wouldnt be out of pocket at all
    My boss of all people pointed out that obviously with the large numbers of satisfied customers and all the new stuff Thorny are advertising here now they must know what they are doing and ive been told they have the best warranty available.
    Ive since realised that this forum is full of people playing tuner wars but please be carefull and find out proper facts if you are going down the tuning route and not just gossip from people who only want to bad mouth others.

OUCH sorry to hear of your trouble , hope you get it sorted ok
    sigpic
    Originally posted by soosie
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Originally posted by soosie
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

So who mapped the car then?!?!

How do you know TMS wouldn't have honoured "terminal engine failure"....can you be more specific on what exactly has broken??

EDIT....Dealers wont touch it even if TMS have mapped it as it will be seen as a tuner problem.

Comment

Hi whats up with your car ?
        With tuners its just finding one you like and get on with and make your Own mind up
        what has went Bang ?
        how would of the Thorney warranty Replaced the engine
        the truth is out there
        part GSI part VXR
        tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

so who is your tuner then??? people say ring around and make up your own mind how is that negative comments or advice??? noone can tell you where to and where not to get your car tuned, its personal prefence, and at the end of the day if you end up with a huge bill because you have modded a car you cant expect vaux to pay for it but the tuner who did the work (if the mods caused failed parts) so if you are in that situation you need to sort it out with your tuner, something you should hav discussed with them before getting your car modded by them
          Last edited by vxr bad boy; 5 November 2008, 12:46 AM.
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

if you need a new Engine get Hold of Gman

Last edited by dannyf; 5 November 2008, 12:49 AM.
            the truth is out there
            part GSI part VXR

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
              so who is your tuner then??? people say ring around and make up your own mind how is that negative comments or advise??? noone can tell you where to and where not to get your car tuned, its personal prefence, and at the end of the day if you end up with a huge bill because you have modded a car you cant expect vaux to pay for it but the tuner who did the work (if the mods caused failed parts) so if you are in that situation you need to sort it out with your tuner, something you should hav discussed with them before getting your car modded by them
              I dont think you have read my post properly, open advise is great and appreciated, unjustly turning people away from perfectly good tuners is slightly wrong imo??
              I have also never complained about VX not repairing my car once

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                I dont think you have read my post properly, open advise is great and appreciated, unjustly turning people away from perfectly good tuners is slightly wrong imo??
                I have also never complained about VX not repairing my car once
                soryy if my post seemed harsh what i meant was people will mention neg/pos comments amount all tuners hence tuner wars but it is the preference or choice of the owner who to choose so you cant blame people on here telling you who to avoid etc unfortunately you need someone to look @ your car to determine wat caused the issue could be the software might not be either but vaux wont touch it as mentioned above regardless who the tuner is
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

soryy if my post seemed harsh what i meant was people will mention neg/pos comments amount all tuners hence tuner wars but it is the preference or choice of the owner who to choose so you cant blame people on here telling you who to avoid etc unfortunately you need someone to look @ your car to determine wat caused the issue could be the software might not be either but vaux wont touch it as mentioned above regardless who the tuner is
                  lol your going in circles, I dont expect vx to pick up the tab. The point i was trying to make wasnt aimed at public tuner arguments where you hear good and bad but individuals secretly turning you away from perfectly respectable companies.
                  I dont want this thread turning into another debate, it was merely to let new members to read and take note of information on the forums and not what people try to convince you behind the scenes (so to speak)

Comment

defo good info but its common sense really where to get your car tuned esp when you are going to be voiding warranty

on another note i really wish thigs get sorted for you it very when things go wrong.
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

http://www.superchips.co.uk/warranty.php
                      the truth is out there
                      part GSI part VXR

Comment

defo good info but its common sense really where to get your car tuned esp when you are going to be voiding warranty

on another note i really wish thigs get sorted for you it very when things go wrong.
                        Thats the point though, when you dont know who is who when it comes to tuning, doesnt seem right that people pm you telling you not to go somewhere as good as Thorny. I dont think its fair on the company or people like me who possibly might have gone a different route and got a car with his warranty where I may have been covered in my current circumstance.
                        Again im just making an observation. Not trying to berate anyone or use my car as a specific example. Just in general I think its completely wrong.

Comment

Whats that?

Comment

i agree but like i said hope things get sorted
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                              Whats that?
                              have a look at the page thats what the superchips Warranty Will cover
                              the truth is out there
                              part GSI part VXR

Comment

Working...
                              X