X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evo6
    VXRed blooded
    • 5 May 2008

Vauxhall After Care service is ****!

I am absolutely disgusted by the service that i have received from Vauxhall. Basically my burg went in for the sagging seat so they ordered in a new base, all fine. They gave me a ring saying that parts are in....I say ok how long will it take to fit?....you will have the car back the same day sir.....Fantastic.

So I drop my car off on Monday and they give me a ring late Monday saying they having problems with heating underneath so it’s a bigger job than expected....ok so when do I get my car back?.....Tuesday.....hmmm ok, that’s fine.

Tuesday arrives and I get a ring about 11.00 AM saying that they need some part from Vauxhall in Germany, and it’s going to take 11 days! Two ****ing weeks to get a part from Germany!! At this point I’m furious and demand an equivalent car, ideally a VXR (still relaxed yet not shouting or anything) and they say best we can do is an Astra 1.9 after some bickering they upgraded me to a 2ltr SRI. I have to say the person I was speaking with (Dave) did all he could for me, but the service manager was **** he basically said he wanted no further communication with me and was saying I was being awkward. OF COURSE IM GOING TO BE AWKARD YOUR KEEP MY CAR FOR TWO WEEKS!

While all this is going on I’m having to drive my M6 to work which is costing me almost £40 a day, not to mention engine wear, oil costs (requires oil every 2000 miles or so) and tyre wear. So they rang Vauxhall customer service on my behalf.

Vauxhall Customer service rings and he basically reiterated this whole story to me (took 15 minutes) and said there’s nothing he can do, and the dealership need to ring Dealer Assistance....so i say to him why did you bother riming me to basically reiterate the problem to me...aaaaarrrrgh!
    And the thing which annoys me is that my car is kept outside in a crappy compound, if I find any chips on my doors or scratches I’m going to go basaltic!

As it stands I am burgles for two weeks! I won’t be buying another Vauxhall again this was my first and last! I won’t name the garage just yet i’ll wait and see how the deal with all this. This is all down to poor planning if you ask me they should have never taken the seat out if they knew they did not have the correct parts. I asked them to tow my car back to my house but they won’t do that either!

I JUST WANT MY CAR BACK!
    Last edited by evo6; 5 November 2008, 01:38 PM.
    Bastuck De-Cat pipe and Regal IPF for sale!
  • M40COO
    VXRacing ahead
    • 12 January 2006

to be fair - this sounds more like a DEALER problem rather than VAUXHALL..

Shame though..
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

• YTVXR
      VXR Enough
      • 26 May 2007

You have an M6?

Comment

• Geordie076
        VXRo's own John Cleland
        • 3 July 2008

sorry dude but the moment you start demanding and with some hostility then
        i dare say you are not going to get the best of service,
        the part required probably was not discovered until they had removed the seat and were well into the work needed!

not the best situation but there are worse
        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

• vxr bad boy
          VXR Baddest Boy
          • 1 October 2007

i know how you feel, i had my car at dealers for 6 weeks when the tech @ vaux fuc*ked something up and the part was on back order, at least you got a 2.0 sri astra, i got a 1.3 diesel astra as a replacement for my vectra
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• vxrdave
            I wanted a yellow tint, not a perm! - *********
            • 18 April 2006

Originally posted by M40COO
            to be fair - this sounds more like a DEALER problem rather than VAUXHALL..

Shame though..
            I agree not a vaxhall fault and they have more than likely damaged something taking it apart thats why theres a wait as it only went in for say seat but was working, but why could you not have the car back, as i would have wanted to know,would not leave my car at the dealers for 2 weeks waiting for parts turn up.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

• evo6
              VXRed blooded
              • 5 May 2008

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments, they can’t put the old seat in because they are saying its unsafe? I’m guessing they shredded it too pieces! I'm regretting even taking it in now. Just feel **** at the moment don’t really know what I can do. My car has always been warmed up from cold starts I hate to even think what they do. Sounds a bit dramatic i know but I get attached to my cars!

Comment

• dale wootton
                VXRacing ahead
                • 14 January 2008

I do agree they should give you the same courtosy car equivalent to your own if it's in for a few days or more.I know for a fact that audi does it because my mate done it with his toureg but he did have to make the same fuss as you.It happened to me once ,my car had to go in for body repairs and they wanted to give me an agila but i said to them look i have to young kids ,we're not all going to fit in i.e prams and shopping so they did in the end give me a astra.But they should do it out of common courtosy.
                Last edited by dale wootton; 5 November 2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• vxr bad boy
                  VXR Baddest Boy
                  • 1 October 2007

give me your M6 and you can use my vec
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• dave.tam
                    VXR Insecure
                    • 10 February 2008

Originally posted by dale wootton
                    I do agree they sould give you the same courtosy car equivulant to your own if it's in for a few days or more.I know for a fact that audi does it because my mate done it with his toureg but he did have to make the same fuss as you.It happened to me once ,my car had to go in for body repairs and they wanted to give me an agile but i said to them look i have to young kids ,were not all going to fit in i.e prams and shopping so they did in the end give me a astra.But they should do it out of comon courtosy.
                    I have 4 children, 3 of which need car seats. My Zafira went in for minor bodywork damage (that was caused whilst in their care!) and they took 5 days to repair it and what did they give me as a curtisey car..... an Agila!!

They point blank refused to give anything bigger saying that they only have Corsa's Meriva's or Agila's and only had Agila's left

It annoys me more knowing that if they wanted to they could give me a Zafira, but they don't want to, and I refuse to scream and shout. (my choice I know)
                    sigpic

Comment

• evo6
                      VXRed blooded
                      • 5 May 2008

Originally posted by vxr bad boy
                      give me your M6 and you can use my vec
                      lol....M6 is hurting my pocket at the moment, does 14mpg on the motorway! i don’t really want to put to mileage on her. Is fantastic to drive on the Motorway .

Yeah Dale when i gave my car in two BMW for a day they needed to order some part from Germany they gave me a M5 in return, i did not even make a fuss! The best thing about it is though they got the part the next day....Takes Vauxhall 14 days?????? I guess they just being cheap!

Comment

• dale wootton
                        VXRacing ahead
                        • 14 January 2008

annoying in it

Comment

• vxr bad boy
                          VXR Baddest Boy
                          • 1 October 2007

Originally posted by evo6
                          lol....M6 is hurting my pocket at the moment, does 14mpg on the motorway! i don’t really want to put to mileage on her. Is fantastic to drive on the Motorway .

Yeah Dale when i gave my car in two BMW for a day they needed to order some part from Germany they gave me a M5 in return, i did not even make a fuss! The best thing about it is though they got the part the next day....Takes Vauxhall 14 days?????? I guess they just being cheap!
                          i know how you feel mate trust me, i need to book my car in but am reluctant to do so as my delaership is so **** and turno around and say things arent under warranty blah blah and vaux xcust servide are useless when you ring them im still waiting for a callback since 3 weeks i wont drive your m6 honest
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• IanJ
                            VXR Torque of the Devil
                            • 18 February 2007

Originally posted by evo6

Well I suppose the premium they charge on their cars can justify a few overnight DHL deliveries lol
                            Last edited by IanJ; 5 November 2008, 02:52 PM.

Astra

Comment

• dale wootton
                              VXRacing ahead
                              • 14 January 2008

Comment

Working...