This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Grip!?? New Tires......

just replaced my tires with vredestein wintrac extreme's for the winter as my conti's were useless even slippin in 4th!!!

OMG! any1 thinkin of it i would advise to do so!

the grip is unbelievable feels like i got new suspension ha

spin slightly in 1st (runnin stage 2 so not surprised) but all the rest of the gears are so smooth and just pure acceleration!!

Recommended!!

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post
    just replaced my tires with vredestein wintrac extreme's for the winter as my conti's were useless even slippin in 4th!!!

spin slightly in 1st (runnin stage 2 so not surprised) but all the rest of the gears are so smooth and just pure acceleration!!

Recommended!!

How much??
    Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

just bought vredestein for the astra too just waiting to get them fitted at the weekend a paid £254 for two

Comment

115 each from www.mytyres.co.uk, cheap compared to conti's!!!

they looks sexy too, same tread as the F1 wet tyres, W tread!

Comment

if you had put new contis on they would feel great too. You always get poor grip from tyres when only about 3mm has worn off so no surprise when a tyre change makes it grippy again.
          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

these were new contis i had them for about a week, so i got four vitual brand new contis in my garage, they were still slippin all over the show

Comment

i meant 2!

Comment

well in that case I would take them back as they must be faulty

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

these were new contis i had them for about a week, so i got four vitual brand new contis in my garage, they were still slippin all over the show
                  Are you sellin them
                  How much delivered to Bristol?
                  Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

I just bought 2 Eagle F1's and am very impressed. They'd needa be good cause they weren't cheap. Last set I'll buy regardless of grip I think unless I get promoted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                      if you had put new contis on they would feel great too. You always get poor grip from tyres when only about 3mm has worn off so no surprise when a tyre change makes it grippy again.
                      agree that tbh. Tyres always seem to be the best when they first on, its how they behave after a few k's that makes the difference
                      sigpic
                      Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                      !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

swell I am confused now, got 2 new contis today exactly the same as the worn out ones and I slid all the way home. Just hope it is down to too much air in them. Will look in the daylight tomorrow

Comment

hopefully the rubber hasnt gone off. Garages normally only have them for a max of three years on the shelf. Due to the rubber going off, bike peoples will know all about that
                          sigpic
                          Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                          !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

Recommended!!
                            i had the ultrac sessantas on mine , fantastic

Comment

ye they are the summer tyres, thts what ill be gettin next summer

happy with my winters at the mo!

Comment

Working...
                              X