X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo help

Hi guys,
    sorry for the question but i was wondering why when changing the standard headunit for an after market you hav to splice into a switched live feed?

Ive never had to do this before and was just wondering where the best place to take it from, and the reasons for needing it.

Im fairly compitient at thing's like this having done installs in all my previous cars but i'm a bit confused.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys

Thanks

I think you will need the cambus adapter but im sure one of the ice experts will be along but dont go chopping the wires on the car as its all computer controlled, you can use the fag lighter its a perminent live and theres a black wire thats a live with the ignition on its normaly taped in the loom if you dont have the smoking pack.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

the mk5 astra works on a can bus system and i be leave the standard stereo switches to an earth to power up????! there is a lead now made by connects 2 which doesnt need this doing.
      BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

Get the connects 2 CAN-Bus adapter, it works well. (CON-CTSVX002) You'll also need the adapter for whatever H/U you have. Then just plug it in, no wiring mods needed, switches the radio on and off with the ignition and also retains the ability to reset the clock.
        Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
        Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
        Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

Working...
        X