This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 - 60???

This has prob been coverd before but can someone tell me what the 0 - 60 time is like when engine has been remapd. I got a remus so just after some numbers thanks all.

I know standard is 6.2 seconds. But not having a re-mapped car i dont know.

Comment

You will struggle to get below standard figures as traction is a big issue. Its mid range where it counts

Comment

u shouldn't be racin from stand still it's very dangerous lol!!

Comment

i think vxrdean got sub 6 secs when he was pretty much standard not sure what he used to measure it though
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

probley twice as long as standard now its mapped!! traction seems to be a big problem!!!
            BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

Well dont have exact figures but......in this weather quite a long time in fact my mates 182 beat me off the line couldnt get grip
              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

a diff is proberbly better than a map in my opinion

Comment

i found off the line in wet with conti`s on , well lets say i didn`t get very far ,
                  i`m finding the dunlops a lot better by far ,
                  i think the official 0 - 60 in 6.2 is questionable , each car is slightly different in power so i bet theres more standard vxr`s that`ll beat this time ,

Comment

Originally posted by vxradam View Post
                    This has prob been coverd before but can someone tell me what the 0 - 60 time is like when engine has been remapd. I got a remus so just after some numbers thanks all.
                    Top Gear had a long term test Astra VXR with a VXRPC Stage 2 in which they recorded a 0-60 time of 5.6 Seconds.
                    sigpic

Comment

My mapped vxr is really struggling for traction on these greasy roads atm. I wouldn't even try getting a quick 0-60 tbh at the moment. Mid range is were the power is.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                        i think vxrdean got sub 6 secs when he was pretty much standard not sure what he used to measure it though
                        I have Stage 2 mate , and timed 0-70 (indicated on the speedo), in 5.2 seconds, without TC, got something like 6.1 with TC . My traction is just fine unless the road is wet etc..

Comment

I think to get anywhere near the manufacturers figures, you need perfect conditions. Also you have really got to give the car some real stick off the line. Resulting in a rather smelly clutch odour. I find sticking to 95% rather than 100% off the line will give you the same results against most cars, either an easy win or loss, the close ones can be as much down to the driver than the car.95% will save you a lot of money a year or two down the line.

Comment

Also, most talk around bhp and 0-60 is pub talk. Comparable rear wheel / 4wd I think would wim off the mark, but real world rolling starts (ie from behind a lorry) the VXR is the star.

Comment

so basically to improve 0 - 60 get better traction but with the re map mid range is improved. How much would the lsd improve it???

Comment

Working...
                              X