This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk torque

we all go on about torque figures being important, but do any of the tuners reccomend any stabilisers to help keep the engine and drivetrain where it should be and to help get all this out in a useable way....

sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

some pig anyone?

Comment

lol!! good stuff!!

cars i have had before have had products you can buy that help stabilise the engine, they usually are bars and bushes connecting to the bodywork / subframe. nothing for the astras / vxrs then!? the standard bushes and mounts cant with hold the large increases of torque on s3 cars compared to standard surely?! well not for long...

Comment

all depends on how you drive it.
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
            some pig anyone?

wayyyyyyy too much free time justin

Comment

you are correct, the mounts do take a hammering, subframe mounts especially

We can offer uprated mounts, but I doubt anyone on here will want to pay the price ?

Guaranteed more power and torque will be bought before other things to actually use that power and torque

Comment

I have a powerflex mount in my Zafira and need to get round to fitting one to the VXR. It gives slightly more vibration through the car on idle but more front end stiffness
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

yeah. worth the extra vibrations though huh!

after all it will only help you not lose power through unecessary movements.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post

Comment

I agree with BAD BOY
                      sigpic
                      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                        lol!! good stuff!!

cars i have had before have had products you can buy that help stabilise the engine, they usually are bars and bushes connecting to the bodywork / subframe. nothing for the astras / vxrs then!? the standard bushes and mounts cant with hold the large increases of torque on s3 cars compared to standard surely?! well not for long...
                        IIRC Stage 3 torque is less than Stage1 1.9CDTI tuning... And the CDTi manages it fine!

Comment

Originally posted by skot View Post
                          IIRC Stage 3 torque is less than Stage1 1.9CDTI tuning... And the CDTi manages it fine!
                          How do you work that one out when a diesel typically puts out around 400nm torque at stage 1...this equates to 295lbft

My last runs have consistantly produced 350lbft
                          sigpic
                          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Working...
                          X