This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDs

hi, im currently on the lookout for a VXR (hopefully a burg edition if i can find one i like)

anyway what im wanting to know is can you fit aftermarket HIDs on an astra? im currently driving an MG ZR which i have fitted aftermarket HIDs to and i just couldnt go back to driving without them theyre so much easier on the old eyes!

if its possible to fit them i will broaden my search to look for one without the AFL system, would give me more options to choose from but if its not possible then ill be definately going for one with AFL.

cheers for any advice! lookin forward to being part of the club

your not going to get a new Burg with afl's on Ex demo or second hand perhaps. I went from xennons to halogens, after a few days I forgot about the HIDS. HIDS can be fit, but they must work with the canbus. I find that the halogens are better in the rain and fog than what my HIDS were...? AFL does look good tho

Oh and welcome
    sigpic
    Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
    !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

HIDs can be easily fitted. Got some 35W 5000K in mine, works flawless. The lower K means it's better in rain. Dont go above 6000K, goes too blue, I wouldn't touch 6000K personally.

My kit is teamed up with 85W main beam bulbs. Brilliant lights
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

why 35w my bulbs are 55w
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

I couldn't find a 55W kit that works with canbus

If you know of any please say. I had 55W 5000K HID on my Type R, loved them, miles ahead than 35W
          sigpic
          Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

i ment my standard bulbs are 55w lol as in Xeonon bulbs
            here are a few i donno if good or no

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIAL-MTEC-H...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VAUXHALL-O...1%7C240%3A1318

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...at=2429&page=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-LUX-...1%7C240%3A1318
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Ah right, 35W HID is brighter than 55W xenon bulbs.

The 85W bulb I've got is just halogen, but very good!
              sigpic

Comment

Have alook at:

www.hids4u.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                  Have alook at:

www.hids4u.com
                  Excellent kits, these are the ones I always use
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                    Excellent kits, these are the ones I always use
                    I was looking at buying a kit from them but they dont do fitting and its not something that i would want to attempt no matter how easy people say it is, its just something that i dont want to mess with.

On another note if you want head light units that look like OE AFL's then you want Hella Dynabeams which cost about £500 but they come with halogen bulbs but you can put a HID kit in them so they look and perform like AFL's apart from turning around corners.

Comment

i got confused like...

10,000 k is too blue and u cant see
                      and 3,000k is too yellow

so what is the best

What do range rovers use they are brightttttttt

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
                        i got confused like...

10,000 k is too blue and u cant see
                        and 3,000k is too yellow

so what is the best

What do range rovers use they are brightttttttt
                        4300K is the OEM standard.
                        sigpic

Comment

well mine is brighter than the standard ones...
                          so I take it like 4500... so hids you need is like 5,000 whats the range rovers ones

these 6,000k look cool

I take it this is it

Most look bright for me

Comment

As stated above you want about 5k for the AFL look

Comment

I like the 6k or the 8k 8k looks the brightest and the hint of blue But I dont know if that is good

I know the AFL have the clear Indicator on the front headlights where as if they dont they in yellow

Comment

Working...
                              X