X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eibach sportlines

just a quick note to those who have the sportlines fitted

i had mine fitted about 5 monthst ago now and recently my car had developed a loud knocking noise which puzzled me for a while, i took it in to get looked at and after checking everything from gearbox, flywheel, clutch etc we still could not find the problem

the probelm occured during normal driving as a constant knock how ever under breaking it went away and under acceleration it could not be heard either

so we decided to put the normal springs back in and behold the noise had gone

we believe that the front springs had softened up so much that the shocks were bouncing of the bump stops when driving, when breaking the car was leaning forward if you like putting the pressure on the bump stops and when accelerating the cars front end rose lifting it completely off them

so just something to look out for

if you have only had them 5 months, id send them back an say they are faulty
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      if you have only had them 5 months, id send them back an say they are faulty
      only problem is i wasnt the original buyer,

note: they were not fited to the previous owners car as he bought them but decided not to buy a vxr in the end

Comment

didnt you shorten the bump stops when you fitted them?

done loads over the years and most sets have said to shorten the bump stops by about 20mm to stop them bottoming out.
        ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
        version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
        version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
        coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
          didnt you shorten the bump stops when you fitted them?

done loads over the years and most sets have said to shorten the bump stops by about 20mm to stop them bottoming out.
          i didnt fit them myself mate, but i dont think they were shortened

Comment

no they weren't shortened I've never had to shorten the bump stops in any car that I have lowered,and alot of the cars that i have done been alot lower than your car callum.I didnt even shorten my bump stops when i did the burg and mine is even lower than callums car again

Comment

Working...
            X