This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what colour

:? Im stuck on what colour vxr to buy i love the red but the arden blue is pushing itself into the frame.What do u recon the best colour is?If i dont decide soon im gonna be sitting in the salesmans office pulling my hair out.

hard choosing aint it I struggled too! If you like the red, consider the ££ you save by not 'upgrading' to another colour. I chose red in the end :wink:

Comment

Blue - The red will fade and turn to pink unless you want to give masses of TLC to the paintwork.

Also Blue is an exclusive VXR colour so if you see an Astra in blue you know it is a VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
        Blue - The red will fade and turn to pink unless you want to give masses of TLC to the paintwork.

Also Blue is an exclusive VXR colour so if you see an Astra in blue you know it is a VXR.
        Lies! It was advertised in red - vaux say it all!

Oh dear look what you have done Mega

Also, its the new 'power red' now, which apparently isn't as susceptible to fade as the previous 'flame red'.

Finally, with a stunning car like ours, we should be giving them loads of TLC, whether they be red, blue or the other two :wink:

Comment

Have a look at some pictures in the "User's cars" are, maybe that helps you deciding.
          If I would now buy a VXR I would take Arden Blue, looks great, is exclusive as vxr - xtc said. If you don't want the others to know that you're driving a VXR, then take Black. It's hard to keep clean and save from swirls, but looks very good, as well.

Comment

BLue maybe the colour that is unique to the VXR, but nearly every person on here has one , so it doesnt make it too special
            Same with red!.

I would say go silver if you want to be different from the masses

Comment

Originally posted by TwinSport
              Have a look at some pictures in the "User's cars" are, maybe that helps you deciding.
              If I would now buy a VXR I would take Arden Blue, looks great, is exclusive as VXR - xtc said. If you don't want the others to know that you're driving a VXR, then take Black. It's hard to keep clean and save from swirls, but looks very good, as well.
              We had a black VXR and Blue VXR sitting on the forecourt when I chose this... also note I owned a black sxi sports hatch at this point.

We looked at the following... the black did look like the SRI and we had to double take to make sure it was the VXR. However black does look the dogs on the sports hatch. But it does blend in to the other sports hatch range.

Blue - its exclusive, metailic (bonus point for me!), eye catching, also blue cars are rarer than red.

Red - From people and also seeing Red VX's driving around.. like all red cars they are likely to fade unless TLC is paid. I don't have the time or patience to do the car every sunday.. had mine 6mths and this weekend was the first time it had a polish.. it has been washed approx once a fortnight... poss longer before that.

It is personal choice.... these are only my thoughts.

Comment

hehe yea like mel says, personal preference, I'm sure you will be happy with what ever colour you go for

Comment

So the only help would be watching pictures .

Comment

All personal choice so choose which you prefer. If possible see one in both colours, in the flesh, and decide. The users car section has some good pics but would still recommend seeing in the flesh

Comment

I had a choice of Arden or silver, went for silver in the end , not that popular but looks great in the sun and at night, just wish it came in white though, and for some reason the 19s dont look that big on silver :?

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
                        I had a choice of Arden or silver, went for silver in the end , not that popular but looks great in the sun and at night, just wish it came in white though, and for some reason the 19s dont look that big on silver :?
                        Its the only sensibly choice Wardy

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
                          Didn't like silver until I saw it in flesh and then I must admit it looked really good

Comment

blue because it will look wet,wet,wet!!! :wink:
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

well i'm only gonna say 1 colour and that is black you clean it properly and it is easy to keep clean but if i was gonna go for any other colour would be the silver the other 2 ( sorry boys and girls ) are too common the stats prove that
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X