This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 2

Im thinking of installing cruise control but i need some more info on the tech 2 like:-

How much do they cost?
    Where to get one from?
    What esle can it do to improve the car?

or whould it be cheaper just to take it to vaux.

Thanx

you dont need to buy a tech 2.

tech 2 is the device they use at the garage, it plugs into the cars computer.

id say its easier to take it to vaux and get it fitted. butyou could buy the indercator stalk, fit it yourself then take it to vaux to turn the cruise control on via the tech 2.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

oh kk i was looking at the " how to" threads and there was a post there by vxrste (how to fit cruise control)and he gave a very good detailed acount on how to plug it in and use it to install all the features
      and got the impression you could do it your self. If i purchased and fitted the stalk myself how much whould i save on labour costs?
      Last edited by dale wootton; 9 November 2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

http://www.etas.com/data/products_Scan_Testers/PP_TECH2.jpg is Tech 2 ....... Indicator stalk should cost around £30 and to get Vauxhall to switch the cruise function on should cost around £30-£60. Why not fit the stalk yourself and take the car back to the dealer and tell them that your cruise control has stopped working (thats what I done with my 1st VXR) when I bought my second VXR I told them that I wanted it done free + mats + 2 free sevices + VX umbrella + full tank.
        Last edited by Scooter; 9 November 2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Are there any other cheapy options you can do . I think i read about folding mirrors and parking sensors.

Comment

you can enable it via a can ****yser tool on a laptop if you know what your doing and can understand HEXDECIMAL.
            Tech2 Diagnostics
            Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

i went in to my dealer and asked about this and he said straight away that it causes more probs than its worth but don't know weather to belive him???

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
                i went in to my dealer and asked about this and he said straight away that it causes more probs than its worth but don't know weather to belive him???
                Just shows you he can't be ar5ed with you or really doesn't know what he's doing - use another dealer

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                  Just shows you he can't be ar5ed with you or really doesn't know what he's doing - use another dealer
                  might have to but he been great to me he and helps me out alot with bit and bobsand gets me oil and that dirt cheap!!

Comment

i'll phone my dealer about it this week and see what they'll say. i'll post back to tell you what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
                      Don't believe him! I got it retro fitted at Astons and have had no problems, its great!

Comment

Originally posted by r3dvxr View Post
                        Don't believe him! I got it retro fitted at Astons and have had no problems, its great!
                        thats it then i'm getin it done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by r3dvxr View Post
                          How much was you charged.

Comment

Right just phoned my dealer (hutchings vauxhall Im naming them cos i think their shyte hot) and their gonna charge me £77 for everything and it will be in for half an hour. !!!!!MINT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                              Right just phoned my dealer (hutchings vauxhall Im naming them cos i think their shyte hot) and their gonna charge me £77 for everything and it will be in for half an hour. !!!!!MINT!!!!!!
                              Thats a fair price

Comment

Working...
                              X