Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Un bias opinions needed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Un bias opinions needed

    First off "Hi"
    new to this forum but thought this post might be more at home in here..

    Have been looking for a new car for some time i current drive a 1.8 '06 Vectra Estate... all very nice for long drives and all that but massively under powered and TBH a real bore to drive

    just lately since one of my mates bought an Arden Blue AstraVXR i have been thinking about getting a "hot hatch"

    There are a few on the market but i think im swinging towards the Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition as i have seen one near where i work and it looks and sounds very nice

    So....

    What would be the hatch of choice ?

    VXR 'Burg
    Focus ST
    Seat Leon CupraR
    Golf R32
    Audi A3/S3


    Have been mooching about on here for a couple of months now but only just signed up. Have seen that there are a few non Vaux members on here, also that fellow CorsaSport member OJC is on here and i know he owns a 'Burg.. not got to see or have a ride in his mind...


    Thanks very much guys n gals


    Steve

  • #2
    what more would you expect me to say but burg all the way and welcome to the forum.

    www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome to the site

      Personally I would have the S3 - but it's big bucks!
      Out of the others I couldn't look any further than the VXR but then I have one sat outside

      Astra

      Comment


      • #4
        but all the cars listed have good and bad point why not have a test drive in them all then buy the burg lol.

        www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
          but all the cars listed have good and bad point why not have a test drive in them all then buy the burg lol.
          Dave - your like that Paul Daniels Tesco advert, all subliminal messages lol

          Astra

          Comment


          • #6
            Despite having a Vectra VXR myself, I would choose the R32 out of those on your list mate.

            Comment


            • #7
              my un bias oppinion would be a burg

              Comment


              • #8
                well im waiting to have a little go in my mates one lol..

                have been out in an older CupraR but dont know if they have improved since then (was a few years back)

                Is the VXR really that good ? How does it handle ??

                I was looking at keeping the veccy for daily use and then getting a weekend toy car for track etc ?? is the VXR up to both ??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                  well im waiting to have a little go in my mates one lol..

                  have been out in an older CupraR but dont know if they have improved since then (was a few years back)

                  Is the VXR really that good ? How does it handle ??

                  I was looking at keeping the veccy for daily use and then getting a weekend toy car for track etc ?? is the VXR up to both ??
                  Get the CORSA VXR !!! Handles even better !!!
                  Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                    well im waiting to have a little go in my mates one lol..

                    have been out in an older CupraR but dont know if they have improved since then (was a few years back)

                    Is the VXR really that good ? How does it handle ??

                    I was looking at keeping the veccy for daily use and then getting a weekend toy car for track etc ?? is the VXR up to both ??
                    with just a few mods the vxr will handle well. rarb dap springs.

                    www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      have looked at the CorsaVXRs but out of the VXR range (apart from the monter VXR8 Carbon Edition) im well keen on the Astra

                      used to have a couple of Corsas.. i have been very much a Vauxhall man with my past cars lol..

                      Nova, Corsa, CorsaLET, Vectra...

                      so yeah maybe the next logical step is the 'Burg lol..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                        with just a few mods the vxr will handle well. rarb dap springs.
                        you tried them out properly yet mate? Whats the verdict?
                        Whats next?!?!?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VX AND View Post
                          Get the CORSA VXR !!! Handles even better !!!
                          But slower round the ring though

                          *runs for cover*

                          Astra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            like dave said previous each car has its positives and negatives.
                            Go drive each of them and all the others in the market (megane, volvo c30 t5 etc) or if your looking second hand (147gta, mazda 3 mps etc)

                            You'll find that one will be better suited to you, whether it be the deal they offer or the car itself.
                            Whats next?!?!?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                              like dave said previous each car has its positives and negatives.
                              Go drive each of them and all the others in the market (megane, volvo c30 t5 etc) or if your looking second hand (147gta, mazda 3 mps etc)

                              You'll find that one will be better suited to you, whether it be the deal they offer or the car itself.
                              Will be looking in the new year so got some time to shop about
                              dont like the Volvo much though, the **** end is just wrong lol

                              Other people have said about the Mazda 3MPS.. meant to be pretty nippy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X