This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED dash kits????

I've just been pricing up LED dash kits for my motor and found them pretty good price on ebay.
    how hard are they to fit?
    or is there anyone specific who would fit them??

Originally posted by nicknelsonuk View Post
    I've just been pricing up LED dash kits for my motor and found them pretty good price on ebay.

Got any pics or a link to what you mean??

Comment

im thinking about 1 of these is it the 888 one? (the seller is wallisrobyn.)

Comment

IMO I'd go the tried and tested route ... search on the forum and read up on the threads of many satisfied customers of Daz's

Comment

vxrcourt3.....the smd man!! pm him.....

Comment

heres the link for Daz http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14678

Comment

Just a freindly word if it is the kits advertised for the H models priced at £30 you will find you are way short and need different types of smd's extra...

The seller is on another forum and has had alot of trouble supplying the correct type and amount, as there are alot of variations within the circuits of the different models/years....

Not promoting lol.....but i also do full conversions and carry all types of smd's so no need to worry which type / amount you will need for your model.....
              And if you got NURBURG i can do your edition number..

On average peeps have been needing to spend an extra £25 -£55 on top for the correct set up....
              Last edited by vxrcourt3; 9 November 2008, 05:06 PM.
              sigpic
              WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Dont go for the kits off ebay as there cheap and tacky. Also it takes skill and knowladge to solder the new smd's to the circuit boards, as stated above PM Daz aka vxrcourt3. Hes the man that does this, have alook in the for sale section under accessories section for a link.

Comment

YOU ALL GOT IN THERE BEFORE ME CHAPS .........lol..
                  sigpic
                  WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
                    there aint many, if any, who i'd trust Daz (i wouldnt even trust myself to do this kind of delicate work and it isnt only cus i've got paws instead of hands) so recommending u, to anyone, isnt a problem in the least for me mate

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
                      lol, you may not be promoting yourself but we'll do it for, basically coz you do a spot on job!

Comment

Originally posted by nicknelsonuk View Post

hows it going nick?

mate i did mine remember.. its a fiddly job as they are so small.

if i was you mate, id get vxr courts to do it for you, it will be a lot less painfull.
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

unless you know 100% what your doing i wouldn`t attempt this .
                          vxrcourt3 is the right way to go , he`s done loads on here any many other places and is worth every penny spent ,
                          he`s a top bloke who does a top job

Comment

At the end of the day it's not actually that hard!! If you've got the confidence to do small and fiddly jobs, then go for it.

Yes, it's fiddly. Yes, you need to be able to solder really small surface mount LEDs. But No, it's not impossible.

It all depends whether you want to spend £180 getting it all done for you or spend between £30-60 on the LEDs (model/age dependant) and invest a bit of time and effort to get the 'I did it myself' feeling of satisfaction.

However as has been said, if you are not 100% on what you are doing, get someone to do it who is confident of their soldering abilities!!
                            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Working...
                            X