This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad news

ohrite guys feeling abit down went out to ma car the day to see that some wee fanny kick ma wing mirror of and left some damage to the paint can belive it

only had the car a month can belive it still pissd off. does any1 know if u can fitt electric folding mirriors just by buying them and fitting them using the same cables?

Gutted for you mate.
    If they were electric before, i would think it's just plug and play. so to speak.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, Bud. Some people are just so jealous of what hardworking people are able to buy with their hard-earned cash.
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

thanxs guys naw a dont have eletric fold aways didnt thing a needed them but now think a do

Comment

i think you need the harness and new switch for in the car. aswell as the housings
          Tech2 Diagnostics
          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

so culdnt just buy the folding mirriors and put them on? the whole of it just ma wing mirrior is ****d they must hav kick it a good few times the whole thing was off even the metal frame in which was broke and hanging off with 1screw holding it on

Comment

Nope

u need 3 parts

The Switch and the mirror left and right with the motor

Its plug and play Like mine I done it to me
              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Gutted for you mate, hope you get it sorted soon. Some wee ****'s just need to be tied up and shot
                sigpic
                Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                And now have an
                Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

if any one has done this ,can they tell me how much it would be to convert to electric mirrors (parts and labour) from normal mirrors thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                    if any one has done this ,can they tell me how much it would be to convert to electric mirrors (parts and labour) from normal mirrors thanks..
                    See this thread >>>>> part number - VXRonline.co.uk

Comment

Do you think a burg would have the right loom and harness for the electric mirrors?

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                        Do you think a burg would have the right loom and harness for the electric mirrors?
                        No mate the burg same as all astra vxr's you need the mirror housing with motor and harness, plus switch for inside door.

They are mint tho
                        sigpic
                        Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                        And now have an
                        Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i went to VX on the weekend and these are the prices i got

Mirrors 13153132 and 13153131 = £66.45 +Vat each so £132.90 for the pair +Vat

Switch unit 13228878 = £89.65 + Vat

Now the guy said it would take 1hr to do. I'm thinking this would take longer. Any he said 1 hour so thats at £85 +Vat

So that £307.55 + Vat i got it too
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          So correct me if im wrong. This is what i would have to pay. (As stated above from another post)

Comment

for that price am going to get that so wee fannys cnt do that again its just sum piece of mind

Comment

Thats very expensive to say that when you get out of the car you could simply push the wing mirrors in, its a crazy idea but thought i would throw it out there, and youd save £300 to put to something else!

Comment

Working...
                              X